Husband dives, not me, what to do?

Hopelesslu

Hi, my DH would love to dive while we are visiting Cayman. I do not dive. I was wondering if there was a place were he can shore dive and I could relax on a beautiful beach. I'm not wild about splitting up, he thinks it would be fine. The last time we were there we found a great place on 7 mile, there was a great little bar called Calico Jacks. The plan is for him to dive w/eden rock and for me to take a taxi alone to this part of the beach. Any suggestions, does this sound safe???

Thanks

Hopelesslu:p

Yes, your plan is perfectly safe. Hubby can then take a taxi to join you or you can ride back to town and set a rendesvous point.

Calico Jacks is at the section of Seven Mile Beach known as Sea Grape, about 5 miles north of the tender docks. Eden Rock is just a couple hundred yards south of the tender docks.

Beautiful sandy beaches often tend not to have good scuba diving right offshore - the sand moves around too much with the waves and then smothers the coral.

Have you considered surprising your DH and signing up for a Discover Scuba Dive while in Cayman? You would dive with an instructor but could likely have DH dive with you as well.

Archived