Camp Carnival

cantwait06

First off, my apologies if this has been discussed to death. I did some searching but did not find the answer.

I was wondering if they have any special child id program. I guess what I mean is if just anyone can go in and pick up your child, or they have some bracelet or something special which identifies each parent to their child. I don't really think anyone would try to take some one else's child, but it would ease my mind about leaving her there. Thanks in advance for your replies!

The security in Camp Carnival is as tight as Fort Knox. ;)

Seriously though, I feel more secure with Camp Carnival than with say, Disney's camp.

Starting with the entrance - Camp Carnival has a high door that goes to my chest. You can see over it. The kids can't climb over it.

The entrance is locked from the inside. No one can open the gate from the outside.

When you drop off your child, you list 2 people who can pick them up. You and one other person. You must bring your cruise card to be scanned when picking them up.

The child is not released until the cards are scanned. Even if Grandma wants to pick up...unless YOU have specified Grandma as the pick up person....they will not release the child.

You can see into Camp Carnival. So it's not like they can do something behind closed doors. They have secutiry cameras on some ships and you can look at the screens (located at the front entrance to Camp) and see what's going on. They do not allow parents into the area - which means no other adults will have access to your child.

When they have kid meals at the Lido Deck - they block the entire area off from other passengers. No one can walk through the area where the children are.

Camp Carnival is VERY secure. I have no worries with them. :)

wow, thanks cruisinmama, I could tell by your posts that you would have all of the answers! You have just eased my mind like no other, thank you, thank you, thank you! It is good to know my daugther will be well protected. The only problem now will be convincing her of how much fun it is! I know she'll love it as soon as she gets there, but initially she will be nervous. Can you leave a crying child there? I have a feeling she'll be resistant but as soon as we leave she will be fine (that is the case with any new situation with her) so will they allow us to leave her there even if she is a bit weepy?

wow, thanks cruisinmama, I could tell by your posts that you would have all of the answers! You have just eased my mind like no other, thank you, thank you, thank you! It is good to know my daugther will be well protected. The only problem now will be convincing her of how much fun it is! I know she'll love it as soon as she gets there, but initially she will be nervous. Can you leave a crying child there? I have a feeling she'll be resistant but as soon as we leave she will be fine (that is the case with any new situation with her) so will they allow us to leave her there even if she is a bit weepy?

Click on the link in my signature that says "Cruise Kid Pages" and then click on Camp Carnival. Look for some pages (doesn't matter the ship, all of the activities are generally the same fleetwide). And then get her excited about some of the things that she is going to do.

How old is your daughter? I am assuming she is in the 2-5 year old range?

For that age they have bubble dance parties, LOTS of face painting and they even do a "Build A Buddy" (think - Build A Bear) with that age group. For the extra charge (usually $19.99-$29.99) your child can pick an animal to build. The animals come with little sailor suits and Camp Carnival T's.

Also, my kids always come home with Fun Ship Freddy t-shirts and Backpacks that they colors (no extra charge).

You will also receive a pager. The best thing to do is to "Drop and Run". Then hang out and peek around the corner. Yes, they generally have no problems with "weepy" children. They understand. Now if the child is unconsolable for an extended period of time, they will page you.

But the key is to get her excited before she gets there.

This is what the bears look like...

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

wow thank you, those are adorable! she loves the pictures! She is 2 1/2 right now. She goes to daycare, which she loves and calls "school" but does get somewhat timid as we are walking up. Whenever I come to pick her up she doesn't want to leave! I told her there was a "school" on the big boat and she was happy, but did ask me if she "was going to be scared." So I know what I'm in for. I have been checking your blog and activity schedules for a few days now (theres a lot to look at!) and I know she'll love all of that stuff! I'm glad they'll be understanding, and glad they will call if she is still crying after awhile! You have eased my mind so much, thank you!

The security in Camp Carnival is as tight as Fort Knox.

This was my experience on Carnival also. That door is a great barrier. We did RCCL last year and you just walked into the camp room, there was no physical barrier. During busy drop off / pickup times there'd be a counselor sitting at a table but that wouldn't physically deter anyone determined to get through.

Archived