1st time cruiser needs opinions!!

TXGIRL09

Hi all. My fiance & I will be taking our first cruise on Oct. 4th out of Galveston, TX for our honeymoon. We will be on the Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean 7 day cruise. We have decided on a balcony room. I have no clue which deck would be best though? And where at on boat- towards front, end, or middle? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot.

A lot of people say a cabin on a deck with cabins above and cabins below (so you don't have to worry about noise from clubs below or the Lido deck above), midship (it's the same distance to anywhere from here), would be first choice.

Since we're becoming a little more money-conscious though, we book a balcony guarantee. We've had a cabin like the one described above, as well as being more foreward or aft, and just below the Lido deck, and enjoyed each and every one of them! I'm on a cruise!!!!!!!!!:D

Best wishes to you both.

Hi,

Ive been on 10 cruises, 7 Carnival. Have my 11th coming up in 96 days! Though Ive not been on the Conquest, Ive been on other ships just about all areas, front, back, middle, lower, upper decks, and my opinion is this: you really just want to be fairly close to one of the elevator banks. There will be a certain amount of noise anywhere you are (front: anchors) (rear: engines) (middle: more foot traffic in halls) buts it really no big deal just remember, its a ship, not a building. Just get close to the elevators, and maybe more towards front (bow) or back (stern) to avoid foot traffic. You will love balcony no matter which deck you are on - I think its well worth the price, its like having an extra room to your cabin! Congrats on your marriage and I hope you have a great honemoon!

Hi all. My fiance & I will be taking our first cruise on Oct. 4th out of Galveston, TX for our honeymoon. We will be on the Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean 7 day cruise. We have decided on a balcony room. I have no clue which deck would be best though? And where at on boat- towards front, end, or middle? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot.

Many people swear by the aft balcony cabins. They are a little longer and a little deeper than the normal balcony.

I say, get the deck you can afford and then I don't think it really matters. You have the same view as you sail if you are at the front, middle, or rear.

Thanks a lot.

If you want a balcony, you will be on a certain deck and above, because balconies are not usually on the second and third decks. A lot of people prefer midship if you have to choose between bow, stern and midship, because there tends to be less movement. However, the aft balconies are usually very cool, so if you can still get one of those and they aren't too pricey, I'd go for that. My family had one on the Carnival Valor and we have one coming up on our RCI cruise.

We sailed out of Galveston on the Ecstasy...the lines were a bit long but nothing too bad. We arrived around 10AM to drop off our luggage and get in line. The line started moving around 10:45 and we were settled into the Windjammer by about 11:30. Part of our waiting was just due to Carnival not being ready to board yet. Just FYI, because they may tell you you can't board until 1:30 but you can actually go earlier.

First off congratulations!!:D Second I have never cruised before but i have been researching a bit as well understand that the "nicer"(nicer cause they tend to cost more) higher up cabins might not be the best, what i mean to say is the farther up and towards the front and back is where you will feel the waves more(depending if you get seasick or not) So since balconies are higher up try to stay in the middle of the ship. Most people tell me they don't feel anything either way just wanted to let you know. But its your honeymoon you will have a great time.;) Enjoy!!!!

I tend to book a balcony without regard to aft or forward, mostly try to get something not directly accross from an elevator bank and something that is not below or above a high traffic arear (Buffets, clubs etc.) One thought to consider is whether you wish to join the balcony club? If you do be sure to note where things are around you. We had a great balcony on Glory, but the bridge sticks out from the side of the ship and we could see them (and they us) from anywhere on the balcony. Unless you run into some really big seas, don't worry about the high decks or being to far forward or aft.

The main thing to be concerned about is using the balcony for breakfast, lunch or other things. :rolleyes:

Congrats on your upcoming marriage. You will have a great time. We are fixing to go on her for the 2nd time and can't wait. You need to make sure you do the Sting Rays in Cayman Islands. It is wonderful to see these animals in their natural habitat. Also you need to do the Not So Newlywed game. You will have a blast.

Thank you all so much for your help. So what is the lido deck, is that where everything happens? So I wouldn't want the Verandah since it is right underneath? I looked at the Empress. The only options of rooms it gives me are all at the tail end of the ship. Would this be ok?

Thanks again you guys.

Archived