Reveiw Of "the Sun" 11/13 Part 2

The Cellar Dweller

Restaurants We only ate at the Garden Café, Four Seasons, Seven Seas and Le Bistro.

Four Seasons – This is included with your price. My family found this to be very enjoyable. We eat here the most. The waiter and staff we found to be better than the Seven Seas. Both served the same menu. The quality and the quantity were good. We arrived at both any where from 6:00PM to 7:15PM. We did not have reservation for any night. Had no waiting time. One night we were a party of 7 arriving at 7PM with no waiting time. The service was excellent. Average range from appetizer through dessert was 1hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes. Very relaxed not pushy.

Seven Seas – only ate here once. The waiter seemed to be busy all the time with other tables. He was not very personable. Take your order, here is your order and thanks for coming. See the Four Seasons for the rest of this review.

Garden Café – Every breakfast, and lunch we had here. Typical buffet food changed everyday. Choices were plentiful. Quality was fair. We never had to wait in line. We went there usually around 12:00 to 12:45PM. The separate food stations for fruit and dessert, omelets and eggs (breakfast only) were great. They also had a station for sugar free desserts. This was also a nice place for late evening for a mild snack (large snack) if you wanted it to be.

Le Bistro – What an elegant restaurant. The service, quality and the quantity are outstanding. We had a waiter and two assistants. It cost $12.50 per person. They call it a cover charge. It can be more depending on if you order drinks or specialty entries that are mentioned in the menu. It’s definitely worth having dinner at least once.

From talking with several new friends they tried the above and several tried the other restaurants and were equally please.

Entertainment – One of the best Cruise Directors around is Colin Kerr. As I previously stated he has a personality that will win you over. His professionalism and his people skills can’t be measured. I will not critique each show because being surprised is half of the fun. In stead I will be very general. The comedian on board that week was very good. He did several performance and all were different. A juggler/comedian was just okay. I think we saw him once before as several parts of the performance was familiar. The productions by the Jean Ryan and Co. were all outstanding. There were two performances each night 7:30 and 9:30. I highly recommend you get there 40 minutes before show time. Good seats go fast, makes sense. One night there was a variety show with only 1 performance. First come first serve. If there was something going on in the Stardust Lounge before the show, stay there so you will have good seats. The show put on by the Directors staff was great. Their finale is historical. We’ve seen it back in 1986. I don’t want to tell you about it. It’s a must to see. Throughout the ship a various lounges there were piano players, guitar player and sing-a-longs that were enjoyable, depending on you choice of music. The entertainment in the Observation Lounge was also very good. A former member of the Commodores (Wesley) sang with Lionel Ritchie was appearing this week. He put emphasis on the 70’s era. Good voice and very entertaining.

I can’t say enough about the week we had. As this being our 11 completed cruise it was one of our best, not sure if it was because of granddaughter but it surely helped.

Please feel free to ask any questions. I may have other items to share. I will be glad to post them when they come up.

Let we finish by saying, “Continue to read this wonderful web site. Cruise Critic’s need to be commended as to what is happening. Yes, it’s people like us that help make this site work for us all.:D

Archived