Y'all convinced me...booked Chilkoot in Skagway

Newbie0210

After reading such great things on this board about the Chilkoot bus/rail tours in Skagway, I talked with Larry at Chilkoot for awhile Friday afternoon and he gave me the complete rundown of the trip and answered all my questions. I then convinced my extended family (10 of us on this trip) that independent was the way to go with this excursion.

So over the weekend, I booked our group of 10 on the Chilkoot Yukon Rail & Bus Excursion (the 7 hour one) for our end of July NCL Pearl trip. It's been so helpful to read all the great info on this board. I never would have even thought of going with an independent group without the help of this board. And I am convinced we've made the right decision with this one.

Now on to figure out the rest of the ports...

I haven't read a single comment here (or anywhere else) from anyone who booked an independent trip in Alaska and later regretted it. Once you compare notes/photos with people on board who did a ship excursion, you'll absolutely be convinced that it was the right decision. Have fun!

I am trying to get my sister and her family, the rest of our cruise group, to go ahead and book Chilkoot. I think they are convinced, but I am getting a little worried since they are so popular that they will fill up. Anyone ever here of Chilkoot being totally booked full in Skagway?

I am trying to get my sister and her family, the rest of our cruise group, to go ahead and book Chilkoot. I think they are convinced, but I am getting a little worried since they are so popular that they will fill up. Anyone ever here of Chilkoot being totally booked full in Skagway?

Another great tour company is Dyea Dave. His tours tend to be a little more customized than those from Chilkoot.

Congrats, I'm most excited about this tour. Seems to get only positive reviews and the pictures are great.

We're on the NCL Pearl end of May and have booke dthe same tour. I will post all about it when we return. We're still hoping to get the 9 hr with the dog carting but will not know f we can until time gets closer.

When I talked to Larry at Chilkoot on Friday, February 27, he said they were already sold out for the 3 1/2 hour rail/bus trip at noon on July 22. Wednesdays are their busiest, so if you'll be in Skagway on Wednesday, you should book as early as possible.

When I talked to Larry at Chilkoot on Friday, February 27, he said they were already sold out for the 3 1/2 hour rail/bus trip at noon on July 22. Wednesdays are their busiest, so if you'll be in Skagway on Wednesday, you should book as early as possible.

Try Dyea Dave.

Archived