Where should i room on boat??????

TXGIRL09

Hey everyone! I am needing some help & ideas when picking a deck and where abouts on the ship to stay. We are wanting a balcony room. We will be cruising for the 1st time in October for our honeymoon. When I choose the Empress Deck with a balcony the only options I get are at the very tail end of the boat. Would you recommend the front or back of the boat? None of this may matter but I have no idea really. I am so excited for our first cruise!!

Thanks everyone. :D

Hey everyone! I am needing some help & ideas when picking a deck and where abouts on the ship to stay. We are wanting a balcony room. We will be cruising for the 1st time in October for our honeymoon. When I choose the Empress Deck with a balcony the only options I get are at the very tail end of the boat. Would you recommend the front or back of the boat? None of this may matter but I have no idea really. I am so excited for our first cruise!!

What ship and cruise date?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You've found a great place to ask your questions and get a ton of answers!

If you're looking at a single category of cabins, say a 8A, you'll only see those cabins available. 8B, 8C are in more 'desirable' locations on the ship, that is more midships...

If you're prone to seasickness lower on the ship and more midships are important but to tell the truth I've noticed very little difference.

Glad you're here! Remember, there are NO stupid questions!!

Mach

. When I choose the Empress Deck with a balcony the only options I get are at the very tail end of the boat. Would you recommend the front or back of the boat? None of this may matter but I have no idea really. I am so excited for our first cruise!!

If you choose the next catergory above the one you looked at, you should see the midship balconies on Empress deck.

Most say you feel less movement midship. Personally, I think the movement is the same regardless of where on the ship you are(which is hardly any!!!:D;))

Welcome to CC and to cruising and congratulations on your wedding.

We'll need a bit more information to help you, like what ship? The larger ships give you a much smoother ride regardless of where your cabin is located.

In general, larger ships with balconies closer to the water and closer to the middle of the ship are going to give you the smoothest ride.

I've never been sea sick and don't really see many others who are having trouble with it either, but do come prepared with some OTC meds

It really doesnt matter too much your location on a ship. All rooms are above sea level, lol. There are several things to consider... mainly: what on board the ship do you want to be the closest to? Some people love elevator access, others love to be far from elevators so they a) they could get a good walk and b) it feels like they are secluded and buried deep from the action. Most of the time, these decisions don't matter too much. Balcony cabins are a great choice! especially for a first cruise, but hehe it comes with the side-effect of not wanting anything but balcony cabins on future cruises. ;)

There are a few more things to consider with placement of cabin. Noise from public areas such as main show lounge and disco is not really an issue anymore, but for peace of mind you might want to steer clear. Also, if you are the seasick type cabins on lower decks help with side-to-side (port to starboard) motion. Again nothing I have mentioned in this post, at least to me, is too big of an issue. It's just small things to consider. But really any cabin is good. Some like to be on higher decks just to say they are "movin on up" an also to be closer to lido deck food and action, lol. I hope this helps, ask any questions you might have! :) Enjoy your cruise!

There are a few more things to consider with placement of cabin. Noise from public areas such as main show lounge and disco is not really an issue anymore, but for peace of mind you might want to steer clear
I bet to differ - you absolutely DO NOT want to be under the main show lounge or the pool deck as these are very noisy areas - from scraping deck chairs, bar restocking in the early morning hours and hearing the show right thru the floor! Empress is a good choice as it a deck with cabins both above and below so no public rooms to worry about (now we can't guarantee the noise level coming from your 'neighbours'.... :) )

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You've found a great place to ask your questions and get a ton of answers!

If you're looking at a single category of cabins, say a 8A, you'll only see those cabins available. 8B, 8C are in more 'desirable' locations on the ship, that is more midships...

If you're prone to seasickness lower on the ship and more midships are important but to tell the truth I've noticed very little difference.

Glad you're here! Remember, there are NO stupid questions!!

Mach

Mach -

It is always a pleasure to read your comments. You make this board fun to visit and I feel that I never have to worry about getting slammed about a simple question. Thanks for leading by example...it makes things much more enjoyable here.

Just warning you, so you don't get flamed by some purists: You are going to be on a ship, not a boat. Some say the difference is, you can place a boat in a ship, but not the other way around. Not trying to be a snot, just helpful!;)

Archived