Pride of America Balcony BB 999.00

ebkallen

OMG, thank you so much for the tip. I just got upgraded from an Oceanview on deck 4 to a Balcony on Deck 10 didn't have to pay a penny extra. That is why I love this board so much. Thanks again!!!!

OMG, thank you so much for the tip. I just got upgraded from an Oceanview on deck 4 to a Balcony on Deck 10 didn't have to pay a penny extra. That is why I love this board so much. Thanks again!!!!

When do you sail?

It was available for my cruise just 2 days ago. I thought we couldn't get a reduction in our cruise once it's past the paid in full date. And it was only a guarantee. We now have a front balcony that is larger than our room! With these small rooms that would be hard to give up. My cat. hasn't been reduced. But if it does, I can still get money back this late?

I guess they just noted it as a complimentary upgrade because they don't have a code for it. I just wonder why they would charge less for a balcony than for an oceanview? If they were looking to fill the ship, why not lower the prices of an oceanview and give free upgrades. Thats what they ended up doing anyway.

A few guesses:

(1) Better from a customer relations standpoint. to give upgrades to a "self-selecting" group of travelers who regularly check prices/boards like this. Although recipients of more "random" upgrades would also be happy, perhaps they don't care as much.

(2) Some people will be enticed to cruise by lower balcony prices who would not have booked an oceanview for the same price, so they are attracting an additional potential audience to the cruise. $999 Balconies makes a great advertising campaign (that competes directly with Princess's recent efforts)

(3) Some people/TAs will book oceanview without paying attention anyway, just assuming it is cheaper.

I will be sailing on POA for my honeymoon in may. I check the stuff regularly, and was able to move up from a BI GTY to a BB category room AND recieved an 850 dollar refund!!!! I was running through the house screaming I was so excited. Saw this on Saturday when it came out, called NCL, even the PCC didn't know about it yet and thought it was a glitch. Sure enough, she had a supervisor change my room and issue me a refund......Great success!! By monday all the 999 BB's were sold out for my sailing. What a great deal.

Greenwave, I'm right with you in the excitement category. I paid for the Oceanview and got the balcony. I am thrilled. This is out 5th cruise and we've never booked a balcony, just couldn't justify the price, when I could use that money at each port. I must admit, I'm worried that after this cruise, I just won't be happy in an Oceanview again, BUT I'LL TAKE THAT CHANCE!!!!

With the Union Discount ( PGUP) i priced out the BB's for a couple sailings for $765 PP all in.

The April 25 and March 28 ones for sure.

What a deal!

Wow...that is a great deal! Can you tell me more about this code - PGUP. I'm not finding any info on NCL's website about this...what are the qualifications for using it?

As far as I am concerned I got double lucky because they refunded me the difference even though I had already paid in full for my cruise. I was just going to cancel and rebook since they cancellation date had not yet passed, but they said they didn't want me to do that and made the changes......woohooo for BB balcony and an extra grand in my pocket!

Wow...that is a great deal! Can you tell me more about this code - PGUP. I'm not finding any info on NCL's website about this...what are the qualifications for using it?

Well, I answered my own question...and will post that here because it may be of even greater savings for anyone reading.

Per NCL, to use this code, you must be a member of an AFL-CIO affiliated union.

Not a union member? A little googling helped me find out that ANYONE with an interest in workers rights can join "Working America", AFL-CIO's community affiliate with an optional membership fee of $5. Their benefits page links straignt to NCL page explaining the "Union Plus Freestyle Cruising discount". You would need to provide proof of membership to qualify for the discount.

Well thanks to you guys I just saved $2400. Yes it true! I'm going on a cruise AND paying for my son's braces are free. My payment tomorrow at the Ortho was to be $2400. This is amazing. It took me 2 days to convince my PCC that it was really true. Thank you!

some of those sailings are offering a 35% discount for military! That includes anyone who has served and was honorably discharged, a widow of a military man, a wife of an active military person who is traveling, anyone who is currently serving (and everyone in the cabin).

Well, I answered my own question...and will post that here because it may be of even greater savings for anyone reading.

Per NCL, to use this code, you must be a member of an AFL-CIO affiliated union.

Not a union member? A little googling helped me find out that ANYONE with an interest in workers rights can join "Working America", AFL-CIO's community affiliate with an optional membership fee of $5. Their benefits page links straignt to NCL page explaining the "Union Plus Freestyle Cruising discount". You would need to provide proof of membership to qualify for the discount.

Open Ocean,

What kind of proof does Working America provide to get the NCL discount?

and she wasn't even aware of it. She said the email sales etc. go out before they get info. She also didn't have the 35% military rate off until I told her about it. She exclaimed, "they'll all be gone by tomorrow."

And sure enough, due to cruise critic members getting upgrades, they ARE all gone. Good work.

Archived