Slumber Time at Camp Carnival

ANGlady

Do they put the children down to sleep during Slumber Time at Camp Carnival or are they allowed to run around all night? I have a 2-yr old, and am wondering how much I can utilize Slumber Time. I won't use it as much if they don't lay them down to sleep at a certain time.

I don't think they have a set "bedtime", but if the child is showing signs of being tired, they'll try to calm them down. We picked DS3 up from camp at 11 and he was wide awake and still ready to go (and crying when we came to pick him up!), but we did pick him up at 12:30 once, and he was sacked out on the floor in front of the TV.

Send them in their PJs, which is what we do with our little guy, and if he/she is showing signs of being tired, they'll calm them down and put them to sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

For the little ones, in our experience, after 10PM they lay the kids down and have quiet time.... usually watching a movie. I do not think they force sleeptime, however.

One time, when my boys were 8 and 4, we picked them up at midnight and they were the only kids awake!:eek:

Catrin

Depending on the personality of your child, it might be wise not to introduce them to the kid's camp during rest time. My 5 year old wasn't going for that. She's not much for sleeping - afraid she'll miss something, I guess. LOL!! We took her in her P.J.s the first night on the Disney ship. They had a movie on and had some mats out for them to lie down on. I got a page after about 30 minutes and she didn't want to stay. I think she was afraid they were going to make her go to sleep. She absolutely had no interest in returning after that. I think if we had waited and taken her the next day when they had an fun activity happening, she would have wanted to go back on other days.

I have found over the years that my son's timeclock drastically changes during a cruise, as does mine. After 10:00, things do calm down alot . . . they put a movie on, turn down the lights, and sometimes the little ones conk out . . . but the ones who are still up are sometimes in an adjacent room coloring, playing a board game, video games, etc.

I can remember picking my son up when he was little and having to carry him all the way back to the cabin . . . which has sometimes been a long walk! But most of the time, he is going strong till late at night, then sleeps in the next morning.

Archived