What to do from 6am to 9am?

beamse

Because this is a tender port, most likely you will not actually BE on land at 6am. They tender people with excursions booked through the cruise first, and then let others off. The tenders hold many people so it takes some time to fill them up, then the tender ride itself is around 20 minutes. Then there is the wait to get off. So most likely you will not have as much free time as you think before your excursion (if you have one).

One thing to keep in mind though, is that Carnival makes it sound like if you have an independant excursion booked that you can not get off until a certain time. If you have something planned, take your confirmation with you to wherever you have to go to get a tender ticket as early as you possibly can and show it to the carnival staff, they will let you off. We did this on the Legend last year, and were on one of the 1st couple tenders.

There are some shops in the port, we did not have time to look in them so I am not sure if they were open yet, and the market outside the gates was just getting set up.

Hope that helped! :D

Happy 21st Birthday ! My family and I are on the Veendam. Will be in Belize on the 11th of March. I saw on an earlier post you are planning on doing the Jungle Tumble. We have signed up for the Triple Combo ! Have fun !

Archived