Do you skip the shore excursions?

smazerolle

Do you prefer to skip the shore excursions and explore by yourselves?? I'm pregnant and my husband and I were thinking of skipping the shore excursions and just visiting the ports by ourselves (shopping, beach). Will we miss out on much? Will we regret not doing the excursions???

Hi! You will miss out on crowds of people herded onto a bus or in a boat! My best advice is to check these boards, go to the ports of call board for each place you will be. You will find info on things you can do on your own, even book your own excursions. My husband and I booked a snorkel tour last time on our own, and wound up being the only 2 people on the excursion! It was awesome!:D

I'm trying to decide the same thing for our trip to the Panama Canal which stops in the Cayman Islands. In Alaska we did everything on our own--and people on these boards told us we'd be missing out if we didn't take some shore excursions. But we had a great time. In each port in Alaska, the city was close to the dock and very walkable with alot to do or see. I'm wondering if it will be the same on our upcoming cruise.

My husband and I were on our honeymoon cruise this past March. We skipped all excursions and are completely glad we did. In Grand Cayman we went to the Holiday Inn Beach and just relaxed. It was free and it was beautiful.

We will be in Grand Cayman again in January and I am thinking we will probably skip the excursions again. I seem to be alone in this but I have zero interest in swimming with stingrays.

Archived