Do you skip the shore excursions?

smazerolle

Do you prefer to skip the shore excursions and explore by yourselves?? I'm pregnant and my husband and I were thinking of skipping the shore excursions and just visiting the ports by ourselves (shopping, beach). Will we miss out on much? Will we regret not doing the excursions???

In Jamaica you may miss out. You would want to be on some sort of organized tour, but other ports is not as necessary. There is not much to do at the pier beyond the mall and stuff. You would need a car to venture further out. If you get a taxi, make sure it is a JUTA taxi. Being pregnant you would probably not want to climb the falls, but you could explore Fern Gully or see Ian Fleming's House (James Bond). There is the White River rafting tour. Slow ride down the river. Martha Brae rafts. Peat Taylor is one of the suggested tour guides. They can create a day for you and not very expensive. Approx. $30 per person for the day, stops and take your for lunch (your expense), etc.

Archived