What's up with the Pearl Kid's Club?

Silverspoon

Numerous recent reports here on CC that the Pearl's kid's club isn't as much "fun" as other NCL kid's clubs.

Posters reporting: Grumpy staff, not very helpful, yelling all the time, unhappy faces, younger? than usual...not very comforting environment to leave your most precious cargo!

Someone please say it isn't so! Any positive reports from the Pearl's Kid's Club--anyone?:confused:

We were on the Pearl 1/25 and our children (9&6) loved the kids club. They went every evening- games, crafts, movies, hanging out with new friends and begged to stay until the very end each night. My 6yr went once or twice during sea days- the "un birthday party was a huge hit. We also allocated a portion of their gratuities to the Kids Club staff as they are not included in the tipping pool. While they were at the kids club each night, we enjoyed leisurely dinners, a drink in the lounge and "kid free time" which was nice. Have fun!

I learned while on our last cruise that the Kids Club staff changes with the "kid load"...staffers move from ship to ship to meet the projected demand for a particular sailing. The overall manager stays, but the counsellors do shift around. This may explain the inconsistent service that you have heard about.

We were on the Pearl Feb22, and my kids would NOT go back to the Kids Club after the 1st day! It took me til Wed to finally get them to go back and try it. They were offering dinner and a movie. I checked back with them frequently and Matthew(aka Mr. Monkey Bananas) said they were fine. I checked back around 9 and they saw me this time and came running , almost demanding that I bring them with me. Their complaint was too much free play time, not structured stuff....ages 2-12 "play with what you want and who you want". Personally I don't think 2-12 year olds should be integrated, nothing in common for them. Now my girlfriend and her family were on the Jewel the same week we sailed, and they said the same thing about the Kids Club there. By the way I should tell you my girls are 11 & 8, and my friends daughters and nieces are 12, 11, 9, and 7. They were told on the Jewel that their girls weren't "co-operating" with the other children. Meanwhile, all 6 girls couldn't wait to get to the Kids Club once onboard as this was all they spoke, slept and dreamt of for the past 6 months. I've yet to send my e-mail off to NCL, but I will this week. We sailed DCL a few years back and you couldn't get my girls out of there for nothing! It was lots of tears to bring them back to the cabin each night to sleep. And then first thing they were begging to go back. Now mind you Disney does everything so much different, and we are talking about 4 years ago so the girls were at a much different stage then they are now. I mean, how do you beat having Tea in the afternoon with Alice in Wonderland, and dancing at night with Snow White? Nonetheless, I did book another NCL cruise with our family, and who knows , next time they might love it! I am definitely not bashing, just stating the facts I know. It may be different for you, and my best advice for cruising after reading reviews is just keep an open mind. Don't let someone ruin your cruise before you even leave. If you're bothered by what you're reading so close to your own cruise, STOP READING!! You've done your homework, just finish packing, and get ready for an amazing cruise. The Pearl is a beautiful ship, and soon you'll be like me wondering where did the week go?

Kathy

My 3 and 6 year old both enjoyed the kids club on Pearl to Alaska last Augusy. We only sent them to the structured activities during the day. Never sent them in the evening, so I cannot comment on that. Each day my 3 year old came back with his face painted or wearing a hat or other craft they had made. My 6 year old would often ask for us to come back later when we came to pick her up.

Archived