AF Suites on the Pearl

sealuber

Hi!

I know that I can ask my fellow Cruise Critics for the best advice. I am planning on booking an AF suite on the Pearl, which is the best? Are there any perks with booking an AF? I have only cruised once before in an inside on the Star. Also do they they have AF's that are handicap accessible? My son uses is in a wheelchair. Thanks for your help in advance. So excited!

My daughter was excited about the bathtub that is not in the handicap rooms so something is gonna give, my son can walk small distances in his leg braces. I can take the wheels off of his chair to get it inside. Wondering if the AF is worth the price over a regular Balcony.

AF's are not true suites and do not have any suite perks. They are more accurately described as "deluxe balcony" cabins. The HC AF's on deck 11 aft are in a great location, IMO. They would have everything you need without the need to disassemble your son's wheelchair. If there will be four of you in the cabin, the HC is the way to go. I understand your daughter thinks the bathtub would be great, but the size of a regular AF would make for very tight and possibly uncomfortable quarters. There's no "good" way to say this, so I'll just say it: I think your daughter needs to understand that her brother's requirements in this regard must come first over having a bathtub. I'm sure you'll do what you feel is best for all your family members. The extra space of even a regular AF would be beneficial over a balcony cabin. The regular balcony cabins are pretty small (compared to other lines we've cruised with).

beachchick

One small issue with the disabled AF over a regular disabled balconys which are near the aft stairwell rather than being totaly aft is that you sometimes have to negotiate the cabin stewards trolly especialy in the mornings.

Forget the tub in the regular AF it is tiny and a pain to get into.

Hi!

I know that I can ask my fellow Cruise Critics for the best advice. I am planning on booking an AF suite on the Pearl, which is the best? Are there any perks with booking an AF? I have only cruised once before in an inside on the Star. Also do they they have AF's that are handicap accessible? My son uses is in a wheelchair. Thanks for your help in advance. So excited!

Without a doubt grab one of the Aft HC mini's . You will not regret it . ;) ( plus the balcony is twice as wide )

exterior5.jpg.511192f3b23de08276b5ac9f66b44a79.jpg

Handicap AF are on Deck 11 there are 2 of them both Aft facing so very good locations.

If you have regular wheelchair and need to use it to get into the cabin then the regular cabin doors are too narrow.

I could be wrong, but I just looked at the deck plans, and the Star does not have ANY aft-facing minisuites. In fact, I couldn't locate a single HC accessible minisuite. I did find four BA HC cabins on Deck 10 by the aft elevators.

I could be wrong, but I just looked at the deck plans, and the Star does not have ANY aft-facing minisuites. In fact, I couldn't locate a single HC accessible minisuite. I did find four BA HC cabins on Deck 10 by the aft elevators.

"" I am planning on booking an AF suite on the Pearl""

She's booking Pearl ;)

Archived