Ultimate Balcony Dinning

karjoe

Oh my, will October ever get here. Great detailed review.

Thank you. When I realized how long it was getting, I wasn't sure if I shouldn't put it up as its own thread, but decided to leave it here because I'm sure we don't need another entire thread dedicated to this subject.

Enjoy your cruise! And start "training" early, otherwise you'll feel like a whale at the end of the meal. (I'm not sure that you won't anyway, but it's so worth it.)

Crickett

What happens with UBD if it is to cold to be one the balcony:confused:

They will gladly set it up in your cabin. We have had to do that a couple of times due to high winds and rain. No problem.

Mike:)

I highly recommend it. We booked the first day we got onboard. We had the dinner the last day of our cruise as we set sail out of Crown Bay in St. Thomas. It was breathtaking. We called room service as soon as we got into our room to book it. Great service! WOnderful food. It is totally worth the $50 per person!

We did it 2 years ago on the Crown. We had just left Bermuda and it was a beautiful evening. It rained ever so slightly that we were able to see a beautiful rainbow and got pictures of it. We had a large Caribe deck balcony which are half covered so we didn't get wet.

My wife is a vegetarian and they helped me plan a menu for her (it was a surprise). We got lots of great food, drinks, flowers, and a photo for only $100. A very good deal on a cruise or on land. The vegetarian meal was like a breaded potato pancake that was similiar to a pork chop. All of the food was excellent and once again, go for it. It's a great experience.

Enjoy,

F

I have two questions-- does anybody know how late/early you can request to have ultimate balcony breakfast served in your room? Also, has anybody ever had problems with capacity control-- that is, not being able to get UBB service when requested? Ok, third question-- has anybody done UBB every day (or more than half of the days) of their cruise?

Thanks!

Can someone pls post exactly what is included for the $50 pp. Can I maybe find this info on the Princess site ? ?Do u get to keep the flowers in your cabin for the remainder of the cruise ? ? Sounds very very interesting ! Thanx in advance ! !

Happy Cruising.......

DonnaF

Can someone pls post exactly what is included for the $50 pp. Can I maybe find this info on the Princess site ? ?Do u get to keep the flowers in your cabin for the remainder of the cruise ? ? Sounds very very interesting ! Thanx in advance ! !

Happy Cruising.......

DonnaF

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18458542&highlight=ultimate+balcony+dinner+menu#post18458542

I read that post with great interest, this is how my questions arose :)

Can anyone tell me *exactly* what is included ? And are the flowers our to enjoy in our cabin for the rest of the cruise ? ? ?

Happy Cruising...........

DonnaF

I read that post with great interest, this is how my questions arose :)

Can anyone tell me *exactly* what is included ? And are the flowers our to enjoy in our cabin for the rest of the cruise ? ? ?

Happy Cruising...........

DonnaF

I thought that post was pretty comprehensive. I have not been able to find the exact menu although I have seen it. Yes, you keep your flowers for the rest of your cruise. Dinner is lobster, fillet mignon or a combo of both. You can also order something off the dining room menu if you don't like either of these. Better than any other lobster or fillet we had on the ship - even the specialty restaurants. Appetizers were really good. The salad was our favorite with mesculan and pears with candied walnuts. We had champagne with our choice of a drink - we picked Margarita. I know there was dessert but by that time I could not commit that to my brain or even finish it. They will take your picture but remember when you pick it up remind them it is free. My son didn't know that and they charged $25.00 for it. It is an amazing dinner. The price is so worth it.

Is the food offered the same quality as what's found in the Crown restaurant or is it the regular dining room food.

Thanks

We had the UBD when it first started on the Crown--they didn't serve that size or grade of lobster or filet in the Crowne Grill--there keeping this for special times--we also had the UBD on the Tahitian Princess a couple of weeks after the Crown--they really tried hard to make it wonderful for us--the filet and lobster were not huge like the ones on the Crown--it's just a matter of where their provisions come from--I'm about ready to try it again

Nancy:D

Archived