Gifts to give fellow cruisers

underarm money/passport bags which go under one's clothing; waterproof holders which have straps to go around the neck (to hold, cabin key, etc. at the pool/beach), Lysol tiny travel sprays, clothing spot removers, hand wipes, about $20 in $1's in an envelope for room service tips

If you sew, you could make the bags from cheap unbleached domestic fabric (or netting type fabric) for a little bit of nothing.

Cruzin Lady

If I were your girlfriend I would want money :-) Just fill up that over the door organizer with money . . . . .that would make for a really good cruise . . . .

Of course, I'm teasing . . . . . really thoughtful of you to do this to make the trip special for them.

Not sure if anyone said it:

Tide pens

a small journal and pen

those chip clips w/ a magnetic spot so you can put it up inside your door and clip the capers on it

there is a product called Just a Drop that you drop into the toilet BEFORE anyone goes and keeps odors from getting airborne. I got it online.

Walmart sells disposable rain ponchos usually in the sport goods section. Tylenol or ibuprofen samples, lip balms, lotions, a beach towel. A inexpensive pair of flip flops for the beaches. I have seen inexpensive beach bags at Walmart. (by the way i work at a Walmart, lol)Any travel size item of toiletries.

Check out the "weddings and honeymoon" section of this site and search for "favors." The brides have come up with a TON of fun things to give out to their first time cruisers.

A couple of things that stand out to me are -

• Sample size of about everything you can imagine (motion sick stuff, headache stuff, tide pens, lotion, sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner)
  • Cruise Christmas Tree Ornaments
  • Bottled Water
  • Waterproof money holders (also called beach safes)
  • Luggage Tags
  • Cruise wine stoppers
  • beach bags (a lot of girls go to Hobby Lobby and buy cheap canvas ones and then embellish with pretty ribbon and iron on transfer they create)
  • a list of what rooms everyone is staying in
  • magnetic dry erase boards (they hang on the door and let everyone know what everyone else is doing)
  • personalized t-shirts
  • personalized water bottles
  • personalized beach towels
  • picture frames
  • scrapbooks (pre made by you so all your friends need to do is add in the cute pictures)

Just remember you have to haul all this stuff to the port! Plus, your friends may already plan to bring some of the items with them! If you check out the wedding/honeymoon section you'll find a lot more suggestions and a TON of websites where you can get the stuff really cheap (especially the personalized stuff).

i got rubber chip clips at the dollar store......will clipped them onto the lounge chairs on deck to keep the beach towels in place.....they came in all colors....eveyone loved them and they worked great....have fun.....

I see that someone has already mentioned Oriental Trading Company. For a past trip, I had bought some drawstring mesh beach bags from them to put the items in. They worked out great. They are sold by the dozen...and relatively cheap if I remember correctly.

Have fun!:)

Extra sunscreen - new cruisers usually don't bring enough.

Matching sunglasses - for all of you. Sunglasses are so easily lost or broken its great to have an extra pair.

hand sanitizer, conditioner, etc. mini bottles of stuff.

Nice of you to think of the little things.

Target and Starbucks have the coffee tumblers you can put your own photos in.

Also, Target has some great over the sholder purse/totes on clearance right now for $5 a piece.

I don't recommend taking your own beach towels - what are you going to do with wet/sandy towels? It's not like housekeeping will wash them for you.

What about something fun to wear as a group each day? Lei's, funky sunglasses, fun flip flops, etc.

If this is your friends first cruise what about coming up with some fun traditions. A group we sailed with last April all came to dinner the last night in their robes. They looked like they were having a blast and I'm sure it made for good memories.

I wish I was traveling with you and your friends - sounds like you are going to have an awesome trip together. You are one thoughtful person!

Happy sailing!

You might be sure that each room has a extention cord with multi-outlets. especially with a group of women by the time you plus in a phone charger, cell phones, curling iron, hair dryer, - and since each room only has ONE outlet - it is handy to have the extra outlets.

Awesome ideas. My daughters birthday is soon. And I am booking her and her husband a cruise for thier birthday/Christmas/4th anniversery present.( It's a little steep so I have to combine holidays to be able to give it to them.) I just now finished designing a t-shirt on the website mentioned. Cute idea! What a neat way to let her know about the gift. I can't wait till she opens it. I will probably do some of the other ideas for the other celebrations mentioned above, like the gift bags just to remind her I didn't forget these important days in her life.

Thanks so much. I just love the t-shirt I designed, and so quick too.

Tammy

Archived