LA hotel prior to Marinar sailing

35see40

We are sailing on the Mariner in late August. We know nothing about the pier and hotel situation in Los Angeles. Will not have a car so will be relying on taxis. Any suggestions for a hotel, hopefully one with a shuttle to the pier.:)

We are also going out on the Mariner but in April. Check your roll call to see where most people are staying, but I am sure its either the Crown Plaza or Doubletree in San Pedro. That seems to be the consensus for our roll call. Hope this helps!

I am staying at the Doubletree in San Pedro - they have a shuttle to the pier.

I don;t know if its reasonably priced - as I think all the hotels in Ca. are expensive. The Queeen Mary was a reasonable price but its next to the wrong pier. LOL

we are staying at the Double Tree the night before Easter...We are going to take advantage of the shuttel service....they will take us anywhere we want to go within a 5 mile radius of the hotel for free...so Saturday night we are meeting up with soem folks from our call at 22nd landing for dinner...DT Shuttle is taking us an picking us up later...we are also leaving our car at the hotel for the week and we get a hot breakfast for 4...how can a person go wrong.....except some folks on our roll call we able to get the crown plaza on priceline for 65.00 a night.

Angela from California

Try to Priceline a 3.5* Upscale in San Pedro for $65. You very well may get the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. I have done this several times, and managed to get 2 rooms for our late August cruise on the Mariner for $65 each. Which sailing are you on? The CP does have a free shuttle to the pier, but you are on your own getting to the hotel from the airport. I usually use Super Shuttle @ $17pp + tip.

The Doubletree in San Pedro is also nice, and has a free shuttle to the pier.

If it is just for one night pre-cruise that you are looking for, the CP and DT are perfectly fine. If you are staying longer than one night, try Long Beach, as there really is nothing to do in San Pedro.

we are staying at the Double Tree the night before Easter...We are going to take advantage of the shuttel service....they will take us anywhere we want to go within a 5 mile radius of the hotel for free...so Saturday night we are meeting up with soem folks from our call at 22nd landing for dinner...DT Shuttle is taking us an picking us up later...we are also leaving our car at the hotel for the week and we get a hot breakfast for 4...how can a person go wrong.....except some folks on our roll call we able to get the crown plaza on priceline for 65.00 a night.

Angela from California

I think the 22nd Landing is right by the Doubletree - a few minutes walk.;)

We are looking for a resonably priced hotel for the night before sailing on the Mariner, late August. Prefer one with a shuttle to pier.;)

If you are just coming in the night before and not planning on doing any touring--just checking in, going out for a nice dinner and getting a good night's sleep...and want a free shuttle in the morning, then you want to stay right in San Pedro...

There are really only two hotels I'd recommend: The Doubletree or the Crowne Plaza

Both will shuttle you to the pier...

The Doubletree is down in the Marina--near the end of the channel that the ships pass through--nice setting, on the waterfront...there are some restaurants within walking distance...and the hotel will shuttle you for free to any restaurant or shop in San Pedro.

The Crowne Plaza is in the heart of "Downtown" (as it were) San Pedro--just a few blocks from the ship and very close to a number of restaurant choices. Many people have reported using Priceline and getting the Crowne Plaza for as low as $65 (Bid San Pedro and 3.5 stars)...

The Crowne Plaza is EASY walking distance from the CP to San Pedro Brewing Company, Papadakis Taverna and even Acapulco and the various Ports o' Call restaurants down on the waterfront...and many other eateries...

I would stay in either of these...

Enjoy the Mariner...

Archived