Made Final Payment...cruise went down....ANY HOPE???

Cej06466

So literally yesterday I made my final payment... and just to torture myself I checked it today and it WENT DOWN??? And it was not an early saver. I know from the boards they changed the policy, is there any hope for getting some sort of OBC? Has anyone had any success?

So literally yesterday I made my final payment... and just to torture myself I checked it today and it WENT DOWN??? And it was not an early saver. I know from the boards they changed the policy, is there any hope for getting some sort of OBC? Has anyone had any success?

I bitched and moaned through about 3 or 4 layers of "supervisors" and got nothing. They offered an upgrade, but I was at the top of my class of rooms so there was nothing they could do. Oh well, I figure I still got a terrific deal and will have a fabulous time.

I am just curious. Was your final payment due that day?

I bitched and moaned through about 3 or 4 layers of "supervisors" and got nothing. They offered an upgrade, but I was at the top of my class of rooms so there was nothing they could do. Oh well, I figure I still got a terrific deal and will have a fabulous time.

I have had a similar thing happen to me before. I am tight with my pvp at carnival and she always offers to honor the lower price to me if it goes down. Sometimes I just settle for an upgrade. I have her on stand by looking at mine to see if ir when it goes down on mine for me to get a discount or an upgrade.

I have had a similar thing happen to me before. I am tight with my pvp at carnival and she always offers to honor the lower price to me if it goes down. Sometimes I just settle for an upgrade. I have her on stand by looking at mine to see if ir when it goes down on mine for me to get a discount or an upgrade.

Wow you must have a PVP that knows how to bend the rules somehow if they can get the price lowered AFTER final payment....because that sure is not what I have experienced or several others. Lucky You ! :p

How do they swing that if its being enforced so strictly?

I just made the final payment for my upcoming cruise, and because of what I have been reading on here lately, I thought I would ask my PVP about it. She said that only if my cruise went down VERY significantly would they MAYBE be able to upgrade us to an Oceanview (we have an inside on Lido). But there would definitely be no refunds, or OBC. I was not booked with the Early Saver. But no luck yet, my cruise has actually gone up $50pp for our category within the last week and a half.

yes it was due yesterday and it went up today!!!

They knew darn well that they needed to lower the rates - and they also knew to wait, otherwise observant cruisers would be entitled to some $ back!!!

That's business -- as cold as it sounds...

Tom

I did....I had 2 inside cabins on Empress. During the last sale I noticed free upgrades at the original price I paid. My wonderful PVP gave me 2 inside cabins on Lido , $20 OBC per cabin and a bottle of wine:) The week before the sale she said I would have to pay $70pp to go up to Lido.( for 4 people) This is on the Glory 4/4/09 ..2 months past my final payment (this is the 9th cruise that my PVP has booked for me) I can't wait for my 10th:D

Ya this was in the past. I dont know what the new policy is or when it came about but a few years ago the same thing happened and I think I got upgraded for free or not so free. I didnt get a refund or anything like that. She just always takes care of us if we paid too much. Last year my brother and his wife booked a ocean view room and then the rates went down and she somehow upgraded them to a Balcony. I dont know all of their tricks but she always makes us feel like we have gotten our monies worth if we ended up paying more than the lowest rate.

They knew darn well that they needed to lower the rates - and they also knew to wait, otherwise observant cruisers would be entitled to some $ back!!!

That's business -- as cold as it sounds...

Tom

I agree Tom. They had to put their foot down somewhere. Some were getting so many reductions, they were almost sailing for free. If you want rock bottom prices, wait until after final payments are due, then book. I knew the day after my final payment was due the price would drop and it did but I wanted that ship on that date and was willing to pay for it and not take the chance that anything would be left up for grabs last minute. But in the future, I might wait.

I paid mine off yesterday. I had my new PVP (old one went Poof a few weeks ago) check for discounts before I did. He saved me about $240 on two cabins and I didn't pay that amount. It still has to be approved by his supervisors, but he said that was going to not be a problem, since I booked sooooooo long ago and they switched ships on me (from Pride to Liberty). However, it hasn't gone through yet, but he did say it would take a couple of days.

Archived