Legend of the Seas--what time arrive in Alexandria?

Autum1031

Hi everyone,

I'm a super newbie to this forum and to cruising...have searched through the posts and haven't found this topic, so hopefully I'm not re-asking a question.

I'm thinking about taking RC Legend of the Seas in June. It stops in Alexandria for one day on June 9, but there are overnight shore excursions to Cairo offered. I've also read many posts here about fine independent tours out of Alex that also go overnight. Does this mean that the ship actually arrives in Alexandria the night of the 8th?

I called Royal Caribbean twice tonight to try and find out...everyone I spoke to was very unhelpful and completely puzzled by the question and insisted the ship doesn't arrive into port until 7 AM on June 9th. So why the 2 day excursion? Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thank you!

I've just checked the itinerary of this sailing & it appears you only have a one day stop, from 7am until 10pm so an overnight will not be possible.

We are in the same situation, just a one day stop. However, some itineries offer either 2 consecutive days in Alexandria or sometimes one day in Alexandria and one day in Port Said. These are the sailings where an overnight in Cairo is possible. I should imagine the shore excursions you are looking at show all that is on offer covering all RCI itineries rather than just excursions that are specific to your sailing. The overnight ones will not be available on the June itinerary.

Thanks for the response--I thought it was possible that the ship arrived the night before and was docked at Alexandia overnight, vs. sailing all night to reach Egypt in the morning.

That helps me quite a bit--thank you!

Archived