Comfort Suites, really worth it?

NavyCruiser

We'll be in Nassau this summer for one day, off a cruise ship, 8am - 6pm.

We were shocked at the $149 cost of the ship's "Atlantis AquaAdventure" shore excusion price. Our family of 4 (w/ teenage kids) will cost $600. And: "Non-motorized water sports are available for rent. Guests should bring a credit card for drink and food purchases."

So we've booked at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island for $225. Sounds good, but when we added up all the taxes & fees, $100, & extra person charge of $40 (even kids over 16), this easily approaches $400.

Our question is, even though the Comfort Suites option is cheaper than the ship's shore excursion price. It's still around $100/person.

What do you give up here vs going w/ the cruise ship?

And is it worth it for just a few hrs, figuring 5 hrs worth's (10am - 3pm or so) of fun.

Or should we try to look for something else to do in Nassau?

We'll be in Nassau this summer for one day, off a cruise ship, 8am - 6pm.

We were shocked at the $149 cost of the ship's "Atlantis AquaAdventure" shore excusion price. Our family of 4 (w/ teenage kids) will cost $600. And: "Non-motorized water sports are available for rent. Guests should bring a credit card for drink and food purchases."

So we've booked at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island for $225. Sounds good, but when we added up all the taxes & fees, $100, & extra person charge of $40 (even kids over 16), this easily approaches $400.

Our question is, even though the Comfort Suites option is cheaper than the ship's shore excursion price. It's still around $100/person.

What do you give up here vs going w/ the cruise ship?

And is it worth it for just a few hrs, figuring 5 hrs worth's (10am - 3pm or so) of fun.

Or should we try to look for something else to do in Nassau?

The only thing the cruise package gives you is the transportation (value = $8 pp).

The Comfort Suites gives you a room to shower and change in if you want to.

As for being worth it. Only you can decide if it's worth $100 pp to go to a waterpark. Personally... I don't. Waterparks in the states are plentiful, and cost 1/3 the price for a full day of fun.

Welcome to the Atlantis dilemmna. I've been going through the same thing ever since we booked our cruise. You will hear many different opinions, some say it is worth it and some say it is not. I'm still deciding...but I have my room booked at Comfort Suites just to be sure.

Archived