North Cape - Norway- Crown Princess tours

Hi. Should I pre book my shore excursions on the cruise personaliser and decide to cancel or change tours once I'm on board, is this possible? Would I lose my money should one of us fall ill and can't make the shore excursion?

Thanks to anyone who replies.

We were on HAL in December (and I think Princess works the same way) and I had to cancel two excursions I had prebooked. With the 48 hour advance notice that I gave, I was canceled with a slight charge (about 10%). The one that was canceled 24 hours in advance I was fully charged.

My travel insurance paid for both excursion fees. The doctor on the ship gave me a notice of exam and diagnosis.

I still prebook shore excursions. I do see many people waiting until they board but I prefer to know I have the ones I am interested in doing. So we will continue to prebook. We are doing the Crown on July 31 to Norway, Iceland and Belfast and I will book some excursions when the opportunity arises - perhaps about 3-4 months in advance.

I normally prefer to sightsee independently but seeing that I'm travelling with 4 teenagers and my 87 year old dad, I'd much rather avoid any extra hassle and enjoy my holiday. In this way I pay with credit card and avoid ending up with kroners which I have no use for. Thanks for the info.

Archived