Probably a Silly Question....

sotadragon

....but I will ask it anyway.

Do there seem to be a lot of thin/skinny 20-something women with Hottie McBodies on your cruises? I am somewhat self-concious coming up to this next cruise (11 days now! :D ) because I have gained a minimum of 20 lbs since my last one. Please reassure me that I'm being silly to worry about it! I know I can trust you guys to allay my fears here. :o

I just got off the Pride on Sunday and on our first day at sea they had a hairy chest contest - they made these guys dress up in drag and then walk around flaunting their middle age spread and receeding hairlines, etc.

I watched it with such a big smile on my face and with such laughter. Not because of how they looked, but because I was so humbled by their ability to do this for the rest of our enjoyment. These guys put aside all their body images (don't forget they were also in drag first) and inhibitions. They all went completely into the experience, and I thought if they can do that, then I can walk around with my extra 30 pounds and my head held high.

It's really all in the attitude. Strut your stuff baby!

Linda

LOL Dan, for SOME of us that is not entirely true is it??? ;) And all of the guys in our group were hotties too! And we even had an entrant in the hairy chest contest... came in 2nd, he was ROBBED!

No, it looks like everyone that was on the last cruise is going on the next one.(or two)

Poor Cat Daddy, He's gonna be ready for the next Hairy Chest contest! We kinda sprung that one on him at the last minute.:D

Being that you have been on cruises before you should know that there are many shapes and sizing hanging out by the pool. I wouldn't worry about it.

True that, but it has been over two years since my last cruise and I guess I was thinking things may have changed with all this low-carb diet crap going around now... But I think you all are right, this is still the US after all and I don't think the national average waistline is shrinking any time soon. :p

Thank you for all the encouraging responses, I will go on my cruise and just try not to think about everyone else and how much smaller some of them are than I am. :)

I would not worry about it. You are who you are. And like others have said you will not see them later and they too will not see you later. BUT if you do have to see some of them later, it does not matter. :rolleyes:

Go for it

Enjoy

It's all in the attitude....just tell yourself that you're beautiful and gorgeous. Just go out there and strut your stuff. After a while, you'll be surprised how many people think that about you too! Our society worries way too much about what others think of us.

consider yourself a PERFECT FIT for cruising!:)......trying to find a 20 something smokin hot girl on a cruise is about as easy as finding an empty hot tub on the ship.....few and far between.....the only time ive spotted more than one or two per cruise is during a spring break cruise.....for what ever crazy reason cruising does not draw out the bombshells....the bombshells are hanging out at the pool behind the Ritz Carlton in South Beach......your cruise you'll find mostly soccer moms past their prime........ok, that sounded harsh;)....but we all have to pass our peak one day and make that slow grind down the other side of the hill:)...........its dandy for yall to talk about attitude and self confidence and others not caring about what you look like.....but in fact we all know a hottie from a NONhottie and given a choice we all would prefer to be a hottie and married to a hottie........for those that still arent sure of the difference, Pamela Anderson= HOT, Kathy Bates= NOT...........with that said, we are who we are and life is too short to not savor every minute....make the most of what ya got and if need be stay away from 2 piece bikinis:)

I have seen those types on the ships too.But the way i see it,I was one when I was there age and you were too.But as age and children and even marriage ( on the 2nd one) we gain some pounds.But really if you love yourself for what you are and not what other feel you should look like then.Well turn your nose up at them and walk away.I have had reducion surgery a year ago( went from a DD to B) I am loving it but doind something silly like they show on the Swan or the Ulimate makeover is something I just won't do.I had my surgery to stop the back pain not to impress anyone.Besides My husband loves me for me and I'm NO barbie doll.

Love yourself first cause other will see the self confidence you have and you will GLOW!!!!

regards

from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Archived