Very Casual Vow Renewal Desired!!

GS Diva

My husband and I will be on the Feb. 27, 2005 Explorer of the Seas cruise and want to renew our wedding vows while on board. We do not want anything formal at all!!! We have two great friends traveling with us, and we'd like something very informal, casual, no cake, champagne...maybe even dressed in shorts or capris!! The Royal Caribbean charges $400 for a vow renewal ceremony, but it's nothing that we want.

Anyone with any ideas??

Thanks!

We renewed our vows for our 10th anniversary on the Sovereign of the Seas in October. My 7 year old daughter was our flower girl, so I brought a silk bouquet of brightly colored daisies hand tied with ribbon. We did not buy the package, we just did it ourselves. My sister and her husband were the last couple to get married in our family, so we asked them to write our vows. We read them to each other during the sail away party. We found a spot to ourselves on the deck, and just did it. The steel drum plan played in the background. Our daughter took some pictures for us, and a waiter took some more of all 3 of us. We all wore hawaiian print. We gave our daughter a birthstone necklace, which just so happened to match her dress perfectly. We brought a tropical print beach bag for our 1 guest, filled with drink mixers, plastic margarita glasses and shot glasses, beach towels, etc.

Overall, it was very casual and very fun. Good luck to you!

Kim

Kim,

I love your vow renewal story!! That's really all that we want to do, also, but everyone keeps steering us into a more formal setting. Our two very good friends will be with us, and that's all. My husband and I wrote our own vows 15 years ago...we can do it again or perhaps read the original ones! I love it!

Thanks so much!!

Elaine

Archived