RCCL FOS B-day celebrations

T&Tmom

I just read the thread about what Carnival does for kids Birthday's. Does RCCL do anything special in Adventure Ocean for kids birthdays? We will be on RCCL Freedom of the Seas in about two weeks (yeah!) and my son will turn 9 on the cruise. I ordered him a cake for the dining room and I am going to bring a few decorations from home for our room. Just wondered if they would do anything in the kids club. Thanks for any info!

I read that about Carnival. It wasn't an official thing. They just got everyone together in camp and gave him a "few token gifts" :D

I haven't noticed anything done in AO for them. But it's not to say it doesn't happen. My youngest had a birthday the day before we boarded Freedom and my oldest celebrated her birthday a few days after we got off of Indy.

So they just got the party decorations from me and the dining room servers and head waiter sang for them. :D

Oooh! I'm interested in this too! My DD will turn 10 on our Freedom cruise. We've ordered the cake and decorations for her, but I'd love to know if they'll do anything else to make DDs birthday special. Please let us know when you get home from your cruise. :)

I will definitely let you know if anything special is done for my sons B-day.

You can order the cake and decorations from the RCCL Gifts and Gear section. I ordered a cake to be delivered in the dining room on his b-day. I am going to bring decorations from home to decorate the room. The decorations they sell on gifts and gear are kind of expensive and I do not want to have the decorations up the whole time we are on the cruise. Just on his b-day. I know I can get some banners from the dollar store. So I will put those up - maybe blow up a couple of balloons and have some presents for him to unwrap.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, we are back from our cruise. But unfortunately I do not have much to report on the b-day celebrations in Adventure Ocean. My son did not go to AO on his birthday. We were in port that day, so he was on an excursion with us. We did get our cake in the dining room. The server, assistant server and head waiter sang along with our table and a few other tables around us. The cake was pretty good and they also brought ice cream out for everyone as well. My son had a "It's my birthday" button that he wore on his b-day and he did get a few happy birthdays from people.

Archived