Explorer questions

Hi, I was just wondering if recent cruisers on the Explorer think it is still in good condition. When was it's last refurbishment? Our first cruise was on the Explorer in 2001 (loved it) and we are considering it again as one of our cruise options this summer, but we usually only sail on very new ships, so I was wondering how she is holding up.

Anyone have any recent pictures or experiences?

Hi' date=' I was just wondering if recent cruisers on the Explorer think it is still in good condition. When was it's last refurbishment? Our first cruise was on the Explorer in 2001 (loved it) and we are considering it again as one of our cruise options this summer, but we usually only sail on very new ships, so I was wondering how she is holding up.

Anyone have any recent pictures or experiences?[/quote']

I know that Explorer is getting ready to go in to drydock to fix issues with propulsion, but I don't know if it will get a makeover at the same time.

cruisin'bulldog: We were just on EOS, and aside with an issue with one propeller, the ship is in good shape. Some wear and tear around but generally in good shape. On our balcony, we had paint chipping away and the rails outside could use some varnish. Other than that, it was fine.

Thanks for the responses. This should be helpful in making a decision. The inside still looking new and clean is more important to me than a few railings on the outside.

Has anyone here sailed on both the Explorer and the Caribbean Princess? These are the two ships we are primarily considering for the summer. How do the experiences compare? We have been on RCI, but never Princess.

I will probably have more questions as it draws closer towards decision time. Thanks again.

Archived