Our Great day spent in Grand Turk 02/26/09

Liv2kruz

We just recently spent a wonderful day in Grand Turk, in spite of the horrible damage that the hurricaine has done to that island.

First, we walked outside the Margaritaville area, and past all the cabs and shuttles to where the golf carts were being rented. For $80 we rented a golf cart for the day (there was 5 of us), and we all fit on one fairly comfortably.

We had headed toward Grand Turk Inn, where we had a private reservation to spend the day at their lovely resort (day pass). The day pass is $40 per person, which includes an amazing lunch, and beverages (non alcoholic)., and use of their Inn property. The Inn is owned by 2 wonderfully pleasant Australian sisters who made us feel right at home and treated us like we were royalty for our day there. We headed to their private beach just across from the Inn, which we had all to ourselves.....absolutely beautiful, and away from the other 3000 cruise ship passengers. Lunch was served to us on the porch of the Inn, which included amazing homemade potato salad, cole slaw, appetizers, and club sandwiches on homemade bread. Oh, and i must not forget the homemade key lime pie for dessert! You could tell they took pride in cooking for us. The sisters, Katrina & Sandy sat and chatted with us as we ate our lunch, they absolutely were a joy to talk to, as we learned about the island of Grand Turk from them.

http://www.grandturkinn.com

After our stay at the Inn, we headed up to the lighthouse on our golfcart to get a view from there. We then headed back to Margaritaville to top off our wonderful day with a tall margarita of course @ Margaritaville.

It was such a relaxing & fun day in Grand Turk, and we found it amazing to have been able to find our own little "heaven" @ the Grand Turk Inn, away from the other 3000 passengers. I will definately do this same itinerary if we make it back to Grand Turk someday......

Good to hear. :) I enjoy getting away from the crowds as well.

I too, recently enjoyed a day at Grand Turk. We hopped in a taxi and went over to the Bohio Dive resort. $7.00 OW/PP for the taxi. No charge for using the beach known as Pillory Beach. It was so beautiful. Nice beach bar too. Snorkel and dive equipment rentals available. We snorkeled off the beach here. It wasn't the best ever, but it was pretty good. :)

The hurricane damage is apparent, but they are rebuilding and it is improving.

IMG_0515-1.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

Do you have any pcitures you can popst from the Inn? How is the beach at the inn? Were there beach chairs etc on the beach for you to use?

I am still trying to decide what to do in Grand Turk..

Thanks,

carla

Do you have any pcitures you can popst from the Inn? How is the beach at the inn? Were there beach chairs etc on the beach for you to use?

I am still trying to decide what to do in Grand Turk..

Thanks' date='[/size']

carla

Here are some pics from Grand Turk, they are from feb. '08. Not all of them are of GT, but you can thumb thru them. The private beach is pretty small, and you are provided with a beach umbrella, and some beach mats, no beach chairs. Both times that we have done this day pass, we have been the only ones on that beach! It is truly amazing....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=1&aid=1231&id=1092013645

Archived