Snorkeling Recommendation

monijohn

Always asking others for advice - and we get great help. So again----

We want to snorkel on the island. We are seniors (70) but have no trouble with active water sports. Have read about Pinel Island and Dawn beach and others. Looking for the best for only a couple of hours in the water but with a beach for our friends. Any of you helpers with advice? We had thought of ziplining but from what we have done in the past this island did not seem to offer enough of a challenge. By the way, cost is a consideration for us. Thanks forward John

I have snorkeled ONLY once in St. Marteen, but was not super impressed. And I would not post, but I hear the same from others.

Are you going to any other islands that be better known for their reefs? St. John, Antigua, Costa Maya, etc.

Are you seasoned snorkelers, or would just seeing any amount of sealife would be OK?

If I have been underestimated SMX for snorkle sites, someone please let me know.

i don't think you've underestiamted. the last hurricane season did some damage in the area we were underwhelmed with on our last visit. dawn beach has some rocky areas where you'd at least see some fish. it's a lovely beach with all the amenities and not too far from the ship.

Archived