Electronic Documents

You just have to go to the Carnival website and under your reservation you will find everything to fill out. Just print this information and bring it with you. Carnival usually sends us the luggage tags...not sure if this is the same practice now or not...but if you don't get these you can always get them from the porter when you arrive.

I like to know all this too. I am 35 days out and now it is when I really get nervous making sure I have everything. My last cruise I did not have to do anything. My cruise mate handled everthing. Now I am in charge YIKES! The un-known scares me. If I print my own documents Do I print my luggage tags also? I was tring to open the tutorial but it was taking forever and would not load.

With eltronic docs you print everything yourself even a luggage tag. But it all depends if your TA set you up for electronic docs. We booked our March 13th cruise on the 27th of Feb. so we had to do electronic docs. I printed our docs and it prints a paper luggage tag with them. You can print as many Luggage tags as you want, but I have a color printer/copier so I just printed as many tags as I need.

The only thing you are required to print and bring with you is your Fun Pass. If it makes you feel better you can print everything, but they will not ask for any of it at the port.

Print your luggage tags from your e-docs (I believe it is page 13) Then you can make copies and laminate as needed.

• 4 weeks later...
With eltronic docs you print everything yourself even a luggage tag. But it all depends if your TA set you up for electronic docs. We booked our March 13th cruise on the 27th of Feb. so we had to do electronic docs. I printed our docs and it prints a paper luggage tag with them. You can print as many Luggage tags as you want, but I have a color printer/copier so I just printed as many tags as I need.

I was wondering about the DIY luggage tags...our upcoming cruise is the first time we've experienced 100% electronic documents, including the tags...I would think that it would be a good idea to laminate or at least cover the paper tag with a layer of clear packing tape, just in case the tag gets wet? What has been the experience with the DIY paper tags for other Carnival passengers? Any luggage snafus?

I was wondering about the DIY luggage tags...our upcoming cruise is the first time we've experienced 100% electronic documents, including the tags...I would think that it would be a good idea to laminate or at least cover the paper tag with a layer of clear packing tape, just in case the tag gets wet? What has been the experience with the DIY paper tags for other Carnival passengers? Any luggage snafus?

3M clear packing tape is what I use, its one of the strongest tapes out there and you can get it at Staples or Office Depot

2245193250103168941S600x600Q85.jpg

Are you able to get the luggage tags from the porter once you arrive? I did this with my RCI e docs, didn't print them out, just got as many as needed from the porter. Is Carnival the same? Thanks

There is a table over by the Porters with all the types of tags, its just easy to print them out and install them once you get there.

Fred

There is a table over by the Porters with all the types of tags, its just easy to print them out and install them once you get there.

Fred

That sounds like the better way to go...all that sticky tape, scissors, fold here, there, ack! Too much DIY, IMHO! I'm supposed to be on vacation :D

for the luggage tags I use the Glad press & seal wrap & then with scissors make two holes and insert rubber bands to tie to luggage. It works really well; the trick is just to cut the seal wrap half an inch larger than the tag and stick it together..it actually holds up very well. I use it also on any bottle of shampoo or liquids to prevent spilling. Put the press-n seal first then screw back to cap. Double protection.

Archived