Artemis Cruise P907 6 April

oldbiddy1

Our 6th time with P&O but 1st time on Artemis. Any info or comments on ship welcome. We will be visting Kotor and Venice amongst other ports. Can fellow cruisers give us some must see places in those 2 ports of call? Many thanks. :cool:

If you go to the P&O site and register on their Community section you will find there is one section devoted to Artemis. A cruiser has been posting about their trip on Artemis. You will discover lots of information about the ship. There is also a section devoted to Destinations so you can ask about ports of call.

Have a great cruise.

Annie:)

Hi I've done searches on their for this cruise and I think there may be one person who is going on it, who has posted. Some of the other cruises seem to have lots of postings. Most of the cabins seem to be sold for this cruise, so maybe the people going on it are the sort who do not post. regards to destinations we have googled a lot, purchased a berlitz guide for ports of call in the med, We are going to watch captain corelli's mandolin, and a place in the sun (old program) went to Hvar, so I think we have a fair idea. Also useful to go on youtube and put in where you are going. Usually somebody somewhere seems to have posted something on there!!!!

Thank you English Lady,

This cruise is a Portunis members cruise as well so maybe that's why fellow passengers haven't bothered to post a thread - they are all seasoned cruisers!

My husband and I are really looking forward to it and only 4 weeks to go now. Just hope we can find some warm sun in April in the Med. We certainly need some heat on our backs after this dreadful Winter dont we? :mad:

Hi I was looking through our Western med cruise pix at the weekend. This was in 2006. The pix of me I was in polo shirts and capri's, in one Hubby was just in shorts,sunbathing, so it must have been pleasantly warm to hot. I think we had the occasional grey day there and back but that was it. It would have been in April again,because it was my 50th Birthday cruise on Fred's Black Watch. collected out tickets today, tried to upgrade but was told all the grades above us were sold out,so we will stay where we are...

Thanks, good to know we can hope for warm sunny weather. I keep thinking that I must try on my "posh frocks" to see if they still fit! last worn on Oceana cruise last June. I have put on 7lbs since then - which I am now struggling to lose.:confused:

From what you say about upgrading cabins thenthe cruise must be almost fully booked! Are you on 1st or 2nd sitting for dinner. We have always gone 2nd sitting but I find it can be a bit late to still be eating at 9.30ish so this year we are trying 1st sitting. Although I am concerned that 6.30 might be too early for posh frocks etc!!!:confused:

Hi we are on 2nd seating. Although I am not really an owl and 2nd sitting can finish quite late, I cope with that better than if we had to eat earlier ;)

I think it will be quite a full cruise ship, Did ask about upgrading earlier ,but at that stage they were still quoting thousands !!!!:eek:

What I found really strange was on a cruise we did up the fjords, it would be 10pm, still bright and sunny and warm, with everyone in their finery...just the heat/daylight/finery looked strange.

We always go on 1st sitting, sometimes it is a little rushed if been ashore all day, but dietry requirements mean I have to eat early. On the plus side you are not too full to sleep, have at least 4 hours in the evening to watch a show, either the early one or the late one, have a relaxing drink and be out of the dining room in plenty of time to find a seat in a popular venue, after 2nd sitting a seat is not always available.

Thank you "Bigbum",

Glad to read that 1st sitting does have it's advantages! I expect the waiters try to rush you out though as they need to dress tables for 2nd sittings?

I too find it hard to sleep when one's tummy is full of food.:cool:

Hi I've done searches on their for this cruise and I think there may be one person who is going on it, who has posted. Some of the other cruises seem to have lots of postings. Most of the cabins seem to be sold for this cruise, so maybe the people going on it are the sort who do not post. regards to destinations we have googled a lot, purchased a berlitz guide for ports of call in the med, We are going to watch captain corelli's mandolin, and a place in the sun (old program) went to Hvar, so I think we have a fair idea. Also useful to go on youtube and put in where you are going. Usually somebody somewhere seems to have posted something on there!!!!

My Mother and I are first timers on P&O, usually on celebrity or RCI. We are leaving the ship in Venice to embark the Azamara, for back to back cruising europe til June. Really looking forward to being on a smaller ship, but really dreading an obstructed view cabin, which was the last cabin available before it sold out!! :rolleyes: Some say they are often only partially obstructed in reality. Do you know what they might be like? Thanks for the tip about trying youtube, will have a look.

We have a countdown on our pc , and we are now 24 days away. Am I excited or am I excited:D. Only problem looming, husband has just got a new car today. The other one would have swallowed cases , this one I have to check at the weekend to see if i can get the 3 cases in I think we need to take:rolleyes::confused:...cross fingers for me please;);)

It's also the first time we have gone for a balcony cabin as well..ooh excitement excitment:p

oldbiddy1 -

I dont know what kind of cabin youre taking on Artemis. We were in an outside C deck cabin with bath and shower. It was disappointing that we had less space to store toiletries than on the other P&O ships although the bathroom was of similar size. Only one double socket in the cabin was another pain.

Also the hair dryer was completely useless so you might like to take your own with you.

Enjoy your cruise!

Caryl

Dear English Lady,

You are so lucky to have a balcony cabin! We couldn't afford it this time. We just love sitting out on the balcony having a pre dinner drink! I know there's not that much room but it still feels great!

You can always use the back seat of your new car as well as the boot for all your cases. I think 3 is about right - plus one other full of shoes!

Caryl - thanks for the tip about the hair dryer.;)

the 3 cases went in the new car.:):D:)....now husband is asking why we need 3 cases..:confused:.:eek:.I know why...,longest cruise by far and it's our silver wedding anniversary, hence the balcony,for the one and only time...although they do say once you have had one !!

Hello English Lady,

We'll be hitting 30th next year and the other night in our local Italian rastaurant my wife brought it up.:eek: Where have all the years gone.?

Anyway, back to the topic. My wife's cooleague in work is travelling with P & O in May from Southampton and said she had 23 kilo per case. I think she thinks she can take only one per person aboard and I see you are taking 3 cases. Can you enlighten us please as to how much luggage you can take aboard if sailing to and from UK?

Thank you in advance

Berwyn

Dear Cymro1953 the 25 years do seem to have flown by in a twinkle...anyway back to cases. you can take as many cases as you like on board, as long as none of them weighs more than 23kg. The down side is ofcourse you have to find space in the cabin to put everything you take , plus somewhere for the cases themselves. 2 of ours nest,so that only 2 cases we have to hide away. I think and hope they should fit underneath the beds.

Dear Cymro1953 the 25 years do seem to have flown by in a twinkle...anyway back to cases. you can take as many cases as you like on board, as long as none of them weighs more than 23kg. The down side is ofcourse you have to find space in the cabin to put everything you take , plus somewhere for the cases themselves. 2 of ours nest,so that only 2 cases we have to hide away. I think and hope they should fit underneath the beds.

Thank you for that, I will pass the information on to her. She was under the impression they could only take 1 each like an airline.

Have a great time and Happy Anniversary when it arrives.

PS

I know what you mean about them flying by. It's terrifying. :eek:

Berwyn

• 5 weeks later...

From and to Southampton you can take as many cases as you wish providing each case is no heavier than the quoted maximum, remember some poor soul has to carry them around from car boot to your cabin in the end. If you cabin does not have enough room, ask you steward and he will take them away and store them for you returning them the day before disembarcation day.

• 2 weeks later...

well we have returned.cruise was lovely. balcony was wonderful. cabin was small though. i think i would have found it very claustraphobic without the balcony. for various reason we do not just use the cabin for sleeping/dressing. the 3 cases went under the beds (there was no where else for them to go!!) will never ever take so many clothes though.. trying to get them all in the wardrobe and only 4 smallish drawers...one lives and learns ..we are going on her again,but bigger cabin and shorter cruise. Venice is truely beautiful..in fact all stops were..

Glad to hear you had a nice time.

We just had outside cabin without balcony on Artemis. It was the drawer and hanging space that I found annoying. Also there was only one chair to sit on so when friends can for pre-dinner drink they had to sit on the bed.

I just put the cases outside the cabin and the steward took them away and returned them on the last day.

Off on Oceana tomorrow so am hoping for a bit more cabin space there.

caryl

been looking on the P and O website and on their discussion boards there is a thread on the cabins on Artemis. the problem seem s to be what my husband said whilst we were on board. it was the lack of a comfy chair in the cabin that he missed. we did sit out on the balcony when we could, but on the Cadiz to Cephalonia(?) part, 4 days at 20 knots plus, it was a little breezzy out there sometimes. this is the main reason we are going for a larger cabin next time ,so that there is somewhere to sit inside the cabin,besides the bed .when we walked past the suites and they were being cleaned and the door was open we would look in and dream.....

We too have just returned from the Eastern med cruise on Artemis.

I have to say I was disappointed.

The ship was old, and so were the passengers - profile was 70 - 80 years. Even the commedian was a senior citizen - Peter Goodwright - remember him? But at least his jokes were clean and free of foul language even if they were a bit corny.

So obviously not a lot of disco dancing going on in the evenings!

We did meet some very interesting people on board but there was no real "buzz" or "life" about the ship!

I think next time we will consider going on a family friendly ship where there will certainly be more noise and action. All of the vibes on Artemis are from the ships engines!

Also it would apear that now P&O are part of Carnival group there have been a number of cutbacks. Dfinately fewer staff in Restaurant.

Headliners group worked very hard and put on some very colourful and entertaining shows. Very good backing musicians too. Ecclectic mix for cabaret nights including a young cello player billed as an instrumentalist!

I agree it was a bit too chilly to sit out on deck for long but then it is April isnt it? :cool:

Archived