Roatan - Foster's vs. Bananarama - HELP!

mermaid diver

Here's the goal in Roatan(ship time noon-7pm): beach resort with hammocks, good & cheap restaurant, and good shore snorkeling PLUS one tank dive AND provides transportation so we don't have to do taxi.

Looking for a beach day for divers and non-divers where we can all have it our own way together.

Where can I go??? Fosters? Bananarama? What recommendations do you have?

I've only used Banarama, but they are located very close to each other. So, from what I've seen...Fosters has more of a European crowd. I think Banarama is more suited to the cruise ship crowd. Bananarama will provide transportation. They have a nice beach bar and chairs you can rent (or bring your towel if you don't want to rent). There is a snorkel shack and the best snorkeling I've ever done is about a minute walk from Bananarama. We've had a great time diving with them too. The food there is ok, but not great. Another option would be Los Rocas (5 min walk from Bananarama, 2 from Foster's). They can also cater to cruisers and I've heard good things from people who dove with them. Order the lobster tacos if you eat there. They are fabulous and are only on the lunch menu. Also, I don't recall Foster's boats and seeing many divers in comparison to the other two. Regardless, this beach is great no matter which one you chose.

bobcat00 you said "the best snorkeling I've ever done is about a minute walk from Bananarama." Where was this, to the left to the right or out in the ocean???

I will be there in a few weeks, and taking a tour with Bodden's then heading over to the west end to snorkel, we will probably need to rent equipment from the shack, but need to know where the best snorkeling is!!!!

Did you take the glass bottom boat out snorkeling?

If your at Bananarama, looking towards the water...it is to the left. There is a pier and shortly after that is where the snorkeling is. You will see others snorkeling and that will give you a good idea where you need to be. There is no need for a glass bottom boat. The snorkeling goes out a good ways. And just ask the people at the snorkel shack if you get there and aren't real sure.

I've only used Banarama, but they are located very close to each other. Another option would be Los Rocas (5 min walk from Bananarama, 2 from Foster's).

Bobcat, you seem to know the area very well - can you help with one more thing? Do you know far of a walk from Bananarama to Gumbalimba? I think DH and I will book Gumbalimba (Pirates, Monkeys tour) through Carnival. Then I will walk over solo to Bananarama to do an afternoon dive. Someone said it was 1/4 mile. I will have all of my scuba equipment with me so I want to be real sure of that distance as it weighs over 40 pounds and I'm quite a small person. Any insight into this scenario?:confused:

We took a day trip to bananarama last week. Nice beach - dont remember seeing hammocks - gets kind of crowded as the day goes on. Chairs avaialable for rent. Nice lunch and cool drinks. Hubby loved his dive I went out with him to snorkel but it was too deep to see anything, better snorkeling to the left of the dock.

Here's the goal in Roatan(ship time noon-7pm): beach resort with hammocks, good & cheap restaurant, and good shore snorkeling PLUS one tank dive AND provides transportation so we don't have to do taxi.

Looking for a beach day for divers and non-divers where we can all have it our own way together.

Where can I go??? Fosters? Bananarama? What recommendations do you have?

Have only used Fosters. They provide for both divers and non-divers (snorkeling). Great experience.

Archived