How to plan a day at Mayan Princess?

sherin65

I was just at the Mayan Princess when the Legend ported there on 2/26. I booked a driver for the day before going(read about him on one of these sites) He met us at the port and took us for an island tour. Then we went to the Mayan Princess. It was $25.00/person(there were 4 or us) for the island tour and then $10.00 each for the Mayan Princess. You can use their beach, pools, etc. It is a beautiful resort, beautiful beach. Only wish we would have had more time there!!!I booked thru www dot ronysindependenttours dot com. Rony was a very nice young man who is starting his own business. He used to work on cruise ships but decided he wanted to return to his home. He speaks excellent english. It was a very nice day.

It was about a 25 minute ride from the port to the Mayan Prncess. If you just want to spend the whole day at the Mayan Princess you can do that too. Rony will do whatever you want, he stayed with us the whole day. Next time I would just go straight to the Mayan Princess and stay there for the day. We stopped at Victor Bodden Monkeys (it is on the way to the Mayan Princess). That was $2-3/person. It was really fun to hold the monkeys. They were so cute.

We did not pay for Rony to go to the Mayan Princess. I'm not sure where he was but he did wait for us there. I heard the best snorkeling is a little ways down the beach to the left when you are facing the ocean. You would have to walk a short distance(1-2 football fields length)to enter the water for the best snorkeling. There are boats for hire that will take you out further if you want. Not sure of the cost. I think you can book them thru the Mayan Princess.

FYI: We were in Roatan in January. Booked a driver through Victor Bodden tours for the day. We went to Victor's house to play with the monkeys and then asked to go to the Mayan Princess. However, when we got there, we were informed that they were "full" for the day and no longer giving day passes out. So just a word of caution - they may be full and you should have a back-up plan! Our driver took us right down the road from the Mayan Princess to a beach called Bananarama. It was free, great bar and live music. From there we hired a local guy to take us snorkeling to the blue channel. AMAZING snorkeling. The best I've seen in 5 cruises. We haggled the price and paid $15pp but we had our own snorkel stuff too.

Archived