Carnival's "Private Island Beach Break in BELIZE...WORTH IT?

PeskyKid

We are curious about the water activities, restaurant and bathroom facilities. Also, will there be enough time to tender into Belize City for shopping after this excursion? Thanks!

They have a water tranpoline and I'm not sure what else as we were only interested in relaxing. The food was very good. Bathroom facilities were clean. Staff is very nice and pretty much leaves you alone. Just come around to ask if you need anything. They give you an option on the return trip -- either go to the ship or to the shopping area. You will have plenty of time to shop. We thoroughly enjoyed the island. Very pretty and very clean.

49.00 per person and food is extra? Kayaks are extra? I just went back and read this! 200.00 for a family of 4 for a beach break should include food, alcohol and kayaks. I have to rethink this one!:confused::eek:

We will probably just go to the port in Belize and shop for an hour. Hopefully come back to a half empty ship to relax by the pool. I will book the CC "private beach day" if I am successful at 3 card, black jack or roulette which will be unlikely!:D

doe326 - how much was this particular excursion? Did it include food & drink? Also, do they have a place to change into your swim suit or did you just wear it under your clothes? I heard that there wasn't a lot of "shopping" to do in Belize, is that correct? Thanks for your help!

We are taking a water taxi to Caye Caulker for $20pp that should give the same, but cheaper experience as the beach break. It rained last time we were in Belize, so I'm looking forward to getting out to an island this time.

49.00 per person and food is extra? Kayaks are extra? I just went back and read this! 200.00 for a family of 4 for a beach break should include food, alcohol and kayaks. I have to rethink this one!:confused::eek:

What cruise are you on, just wondering...

Maybe do the beach break in Costa Maya, and go to the zoo in Belize.

That is if you are going to Costa Maya I don't know if you are set on only using the ships excursions,

but this is where we are going when we go...Highly recommended, by another Cruiser,

All drinks included, but you buy your own lunch http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/CostaMayaBeach.htm

Or if you go to Cozumel. Here is another one All drinks included and lunch too for I think $49 adult, less for kids

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

Just a thought :O) Good Luck

This is the excursion Co web site for many of the ports, Maybe it will be helpful http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/IslandMarketingLtd.htm

We were there in Feb, had great weather. There were bathrooms that were clean to change into there. We got there somewhat early so we didn't have a problem finding any lounge chairs. There is a restaurant to order food. I don't believe they accepted credit cards, so you need cash. There was a small gift shop there and they did take credit cards for your purchases.

Attached Thumbnailsattachment.php?attachmentid=107502&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1235692589 attachment.php?attachmentid=107504&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1235692712 attachment.php?attachmentid=107505&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1235692777 attachment.php?attachmentid=107508&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1235692844 attachment.php?attachmentid=107512&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1235692915

Archived