scavenger hunts

I am taking my 19 year old grandaughter on HAL, I have read that they have scavenger hunts with the kids searching for items throughout the ship. I know this would be fun for the kids but I am concerned about safety. Do the kids go in a group or individually..any comments or experiences would be helpful.

Thanks

Marcia

I am taking my 19 year old grandaughter on HAL, I have read that they have scavenger hunts with the kids searching for items throughout the ship. I know this would be fun for the kids but I am concerned about safety. Do the kids go in a group or individually..any comments or experiences would be helpful.

Thanks

Marcia

On Carnival, they MUST go in groups.

When my boys were 9, they had a blast doing the scavenger hunts..... and this was the only way that they could leave camp!

Catrin

If I remember correctly, this is a group activity. We did it with seven of us and we literally had to run around the ship together. It was pretty funny. The fact that you have to stay together makes it very amusing. I doubt she would have much fun if she looked for the items by herself.

On her last cruise, the tweens who were allowed to sign themselves out, went in pairs. My girl (age 8, so I didn't put her down for that status) went around with a fun zone counselor. We were eating in the buffet when we heard a familiar voice. She got her dad to sign for "plays chess." The last two items I couldn't sign for: "hates pineapple" and "wears dentures."

There are AO "sponsored" scavenger hunts where the slightly older kids can travel together and the younger ones will stay with a counselor. There are also cruise director sponsored hunts where you can work as a group -- on our last cruise we teamed up with another family and let the kids "run" while we plodded behind and plotted strategy -- it worked as we won both the traditional scavenger hunt (napkin from the skyview lounge, cookie from the coffee place, Tuesday's compass, etc.) and the photo scavenger hunt. We also teamed up to win six trivia contests -- we've got more RCCI "stuff" than you can imagine!

Archived