Is it worth the difference?

GAMOM4

I have 2 cabins booked on the July 9th cruise on the Inspiration out of Tampa - this is the 4 day cruise both of the rooms are category 6B - the total cost for the 2 rooms (4 people) is $1684.44 - this includes tax, port charges, etc. I had listed on one of the cruise competition website a while back (before I booked the cruise) several different cruises I was interested in. On Thursday I got an e-mail from one of them with a quote of $1985.00 for 4 people on the July 4th cruise (which is the 5 day cruise out of Tampa). They didn't tell me the category rooms only that they are oceanview (probably 5A at the front of the ship is my guess) but does that sound like a better deal to you? One strange thing is the cost of the July 13th cruise is alot more...you would think that July 4th would be - if you were booking a room on the beach somewhere I'm sure July 4th would be more than July 13th. I just thought it was interesting to see the difference in cost - I have got to go in on that website and close those quotes out now that I have booked one. I sent a copy of the quote to my PVP just to see what he says - I'm sure he will say that they are bad rooms though. But for $300.00 more would bad rooms be worth and extra day? (of course, since I'm booked on the Early Saver program - that would be $200.00 added to that $300.00)

I'm just ready to go!!!!!! The weather is beautiful and warm here - so l can only imagine how great it would be on a ship:)

This question is really a personal one. I would like an extra day, 4 days just won't be long enough. However, I'm not willing (under normal circumstances) to pay for an oceanview room. I just don't spend enough time there. Some people won't cruise without one though! So it's really what you want.

So I guess in summary I would choose to go for an extra day or three ;) but I wouldn't pay more for the inside/Oceanview room.

Either way I'm sure you will have an amazing time!! : )

Megan

I agree with Magen, on all points. You're paying a little over $100pp a day for the 4 day cruise and the 5 day cruise you're paying a little under $100pp a day. So the 5 day cruise will cost you less pp per day. If it was me, I would take an inside cabin and see what a 7 day cruise would be. But I'm not in my room much, so I don't really care if it has a window.

Whatever you choose, have a great time!

-Mark

I would go for the longer cruise if I could afford it. 4 days is over too quickly; you get there and get settled in and it's time to leave. 5 days is much better and 7 even more so. I would down grade to inside rooms and go for the longer cruise (the longest I could afford). BTW you will love the Inspiration and if traveling with kids (??) they will love the Waterworks area.

I agree with Magen, on all points. You're paying a little over $100pp a day for the 4 day cruise and the 5 day cruise you're paying a little under $100pp a day. So the 5 day cruise will cost you less pp per day. If it was me, I would take an inside cabin and see what a 7 day cruise would be. But I'm not in my room much, so I don't really care if it has a window.

Whatever you choose, have a great time!

-Mark

The costs per person per day is minimal difference when comparing the two.....the bottom line is the 5 night will cost you more in the end not only for the cruise fare, but the additional day of gratuities, if going to another port, well theres potential more cash outlay, etc.... so it is really up to the OP if the 5 day is within their budget and if it is perceived as a value or not !

Great ship...and the kids will love Waterworks while the adults enjoy the Serenity area on the back of the ship !

Archived