Caribbean in mid-june or july?

ccb123

Me and my bf are planning to go on our first cruise after june 10.

Should we chose western or eastern caribbean cruise? When should we go june/july? All I am worried about is the weather at sea and ports. Thank you very much, THIS SITE IS THE BEST!

As for Estern or Western, may people have a preference, thus that is hard for anyone else to say. I would suggest that you take a look at the Western / Eastern ports and see which locations interest you the most. Also consider what you may do at each port... shopping, water sports, relaxing, etc. As for June or July... we have sailed in mid June once and Late June - July once and both were about the same... the weather is great and we loved it...:)

It will be hot and sunny either times. Really nothing to worry about re weather in mid June or July..but heat.

Which side of the Carib will depend on what you like to do, which ports you want to see etc. I'd pick a couple lines you'd like to try first. See what the ships offer as far as amenities and of course costs. Then print out itineraries of each and go from there. Get yourself a good ports of call Carib. cruise book or check one out at the library. Research each port of call and see which ones have the offerings you'd be interested in. You really can't go wrong with the ports. And most ships do both itineraries.

Please do not forget that June or July are during hurricane season. My suggestion would be June over July with a smaller chance of a hurricane. I don't want to scare you but just realize that sometimes the captain will have to change an eastern itinerary into a western. If you stay flexible you will be ok and have a great time.

For the most part the weather at that time of the year will be very hot and humid and could be quite breezy. Afternoons often have quick pop up showers that come quickly and disappear just as fast. It seldom rains all day long, although it could...more likely in July.

If there should be tropical activity, your ship will try to avoid it which may mean a change of itinerary.

I agree with June. Less likelihood of hurricanes/general bad weather. We went to the Western Caribbean in early June last year, and we had nice gentle rain showers in the afternoons which cooled everything down quite pleasantly. :)

IMHO, for your first cruise go Eastern. The views are simply stunning. As for the month, go in June instead of July. Both will be hot and sunny, but there MAY be more rain in July, and a SLIGHTLY better chance of a hurricane as well. Trust me on this, I live in Florida!

I've only been on one cruise... Eastern last Oct. Just one more thing to consider... maybe you want to look at the number of sea days. I actually enjoyed my sea days. Theses are more laid back days. I REALLY liked the private island (Half Moon Cay), and Sapphire Beach on St. Thomas. Can you see a theme (relaxing). My DH really enjoyed walking around Old San Juan (read: Shopping for me, history for him). We would really like to also go Western Caribbean sometime soon. I think you'll have fun no matter what.

Archived