Just booked the new Jewel

sally r

We have never booked a cruise on a ship that isn't even completed yet! What are the chances of two NCL ships not making it out of the shipyard in time?

We selected a late October cruise to give the ship and crew a good "shakedown" period. The ship sounds exciting and innovative. We also have cabin 10100, a BA. Is that a good location?

Does anyone have a link to the building progress of the Jewel?

Shoreguy has a link to observe the daily progress of construction on the Jewel. Perhaps he can post it here for you. We have also booked a cruise on this new ship for next October and look forward to trying her innovative courtyard villa. Since Jewel's inaugural cruise is in August, I suspect most of the kinks will be out by October.

Since she will be sailing the Caribbean from Miami in winter and Alaska from Vancouver in summer, I wonder if she will be returning again to New York? Next fall may be the only chance we get to sail her out of New York so I opted for the villa.

We booked the second cruise (Europe) on the Jewel in August. You would think we would have learned about new builds from the Pride of America/Prode of Aloha issues on our SFO-HNL sailing, but we really want to go. Part of the excitement for us is to see what they forgot and what is not finished. If the ship is not done we will get a huge credit from NCL and explore Europe on our own. NCL treated us more then fairly when there were problems last July and we trust all will be well next August.

Dolphins, we are on the 10/21/05 cruise. I started a Roll Call in case that is when you have booked. A villa, wow! Can you also suggest some hotels in NYC? We plan to stay a few days pre-cruise. Might add, not in the "villa" price range but more in the "BA budget" catagory type hotels...

Tomct, I appreciate your optimism on the Azipods. I predicted that the RCI Jewel would have problems this summer but she didn't. So maybe they have the bugs worked out?

Markandrews, you are definately a rare breed..last thing I want to do is go on a cruise and find they don't have enough sheets, or towels or :eek: liquor!

Hope shoreguy sees this. Would love the link. I did a search but came up empty.

Sally R- The link is to the German shipyard (Meyer Werft) in Germany where the Jewel is under construction. It is in German but if you click on the Union Jack in the lower right hand corner you will get it in English. Then go to Shipyard and WebCam and you will see the Jewel under construction. It is updated weekly.

Archived