bringing pop & water on board

carmal

There were issues last fall when the Fantasy (sails out of New Orleans) came out of Dry dock and there were lots of posts about foul tasting water on board. I drink a lot of water so I took a case of bottled water and a 6 pak of Dr. pepper for my DS (age 12). Be sure your suitcase even if driving doesn't weigh more than 50 lbs.

OK, well, here's news to me. Do you mean for a checked bag? And where does it say that Carnival has a 50 pound limit? Our bag with the booze may be close.

Skip the water and buy yourself a wide-mouth stainless steel water bottle and keep refilling it with the water on the ship. The water on the ship is desalinated sea water and is better than bottled water!

As far as pop goes, if you are not a coke drinker or the ship doesn't have your favourite, then buy it in port and pack it in the carry on. One man brought a 12pk of Coke Zero, which is not sold on the ship. I wouldn't bother, but each to his or her own. I guess you'd have to get the cab driver to stop at a convenience store or if your driving stop at the nearest store to get the pop.

Jon

Did you have to put a luggage tag on it? When you say, wheeled it on do you mean with your carryons onto the ship or for it to be delivered to your stateroom. Sorry for the confusion on my part - I have never cruised before so I am having a hard time picturing it!!:confused:

I went online and found a picture of something that looks really close to what we have. You can see it here. http://www.cmt-int.com/image/products/gcart.gif

We simply put the case of water in the basket, plainly visible and wheeled it right onboard. Nobody looked twice at it. We only had one case of water but I think we could've had two and no one would've said anything. So no tags. No check in. No nothing. We just got our Sail and Sign cards, took the embarkation photo and wheeled it right onto the ship. Hope that helps.

Archived