To use a TA or not to use a TA....

jeska00

I'm going on my first cruise next year for my honeymoon and I'm trying to decide if I should use a TA. I've never been on a huge vacation (or even out of the country for that matter) and I've never had a TA. For these reasons - I'm leaning towards yes I should probably utilize their services...

I want to know what you are doing. Are you using a TA or not?

What kind of fees do you pay them?

[if you don't mind my asking] About how much does one usually cost?

Or do TA's get paid solely off of commission of booking vacations?

I would say go with a TA for your first cruise, especially if yo haven't done a lot of traveling. I would also recommend you find one that specializes in cruises. A good cruise TA will determine what you are looking for and guide you in the right direction.

I would recommend you check the cost of the cruise with several on-line agencies. Check also the prices at cruisline web sites.

Armed with those figures, you could start talking to agents.

On the other hand. If you're not in a hurry to book, check out cruiselines and itineraries. Then come back here and start asking questions. When the time comes to book, you'll feel much more confidant no matter how you book.

Thanks everyone,

I already have picked out the cruiseline and itinerary I want. Word on the street is that the itin I want is getting a newer boat to take over for the one that's running the 2009 itin - which is exciting :) If the new itins aren't delayed, I can actually start booking today. I'll look over some prices on different sites and get myself started -thanks again

Archived