Questions about Liberty for people with kids

tink24

I'm considering changing my itinerary from the Splendor (Mexican Riviera) to the Liberty (Eastern - San Juan, Grand Turk, Half moon Cay, St. Thomas) mostly because of all the YUCK going on in Mexico right now. Hubby wants to play it safe and go somewhere without quite so many issues (and warmer water!). Would you recommend Anytime Dining? Our son is 3 and we would like to feed him, drop him off at Camp Carnival, then go to dinner without him. I have read a lot of postings where people have complained about the service. Also, how is Camp Carnival for the 2 to 5 group? We did Disney in December and it was wonderful. I'm curious to see how Carnival compares. Any input here would be greatly appreciated.:)

We are doing the same itinerary on May 23 and have anytime dining selected for this one, mainly because I want to try it and I don't like doing first service, but late service is too late.

My son did the 2-5 yr old group on the Fantasy last year and had a blast!! They didn't have anytime dining, but after the first night, he wanted to dine with "his class" every night on the Lido deck instead of with us. He didn't even want to go to the beach, but just stay in and "have fun!" At the end of the cruise, they gave him a little backpack and he cried because he didn't want to leave! We had a beeper to keep in touch in case they needed us, and a very detailed schedule, so I knew what he was doing all the time.

This year, he will be in the 6-8 year old group, so we will see how it goes this time. The schedules that I have seen have longer activities that are more active.

I'm a teacher, so I am pretty picky about what he does and I can't say enough about how professional and caring they are. I hope your child has as much fun as mine did.

Archived