Need help..what side of ship would be better for Saint Johns NB

Will be booking the triumph this weekend going to Cabnada and was wondering which side of the ship would be better for St Johns New Brunswick? I would like to be able to see or have a good view of the town when we in are port and I believe the Triumph will be docking at the new pier/dock..

Can someone share there experiences on what side of the ship they think would be best for St John NB??

What side of the ship was your cabin on and what experiences did you have while sailing to Saint Johns?

Is it rough sailing from New York to Saint Johns?

Will be booking the triumph this weekend going to Cabnada and was wondering which side of the ship would be better for St Johns New Brunswick? I would like to be able to see or have a good view of the town when we in are port and I believe the Triumph will be docking at the new pier/dock..

Can someone share there experiences on what side of the ship they think would be best for St John NB??

What side of the ship was your cabin on and what experiences did you have while sailing to Saint Johns?

Is it rough sailing from New York to Saint Johns?

If you are docking at the new Pugsley cruise terminal, the starboard side of the ship overlooks Trinity Royal Historic area (preferred). The port side overlooks the harbour, lower west side and port activities. If you are docking at Long Wharf, the port side overlooks the Trinity Royal Area and the starboard side looks out to a railroad, highway and hill. You can verify where you are docking here: http://www.cruisesaintjohn.com/visitsaintjohn/cruiseschedule.asp

Thanks for all of this good information, Can you really see Trinity Royal Historic area from the ship, actually my question is, does the starboard side look right down into the Trinity Royal Historic area? And what do you think about the private taxi tours or the 50.00 a hour tour? What would be the best way to get a little once over or a short tour of Saint JOhn? Oh, how far is the Maritime museum or is it called the Titanic Museum from the ship and can one walk there within a resonable amount of time.?

Thanks for all of this good information, Can you really see Trinity Royal Historic area from the ship, actually my question is, does the starboard side look right down into the Trinity Royal Historic area? And what do you think about the private taxi tours or the 50.00 a hour tour? What would be the best way to get a little once over or a short tour of Saint JOhn? Oh, how far is the Maritime museum or is it called the Titanic Museum from the ship and can one walk there within a resonable amount of time.?

The Titanic exhibit is located in the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic in the city of Halifax. It is about a 15 minute walk from the pier along the waterfront.

The ship does overlook the old Trinity Royal Area. If you like to walk, you can pick up a walking tour guide at the City Hall Information Booth located in the pedway system between Market Square and Brunswick Square. The volunteers who meet the ship will point you in that direction.

Hey guys, Thanks a bunch for sharing all of your wonfderful information and history. Do you have any pictures of the Trinity Royal Area ? And as far as the port side viewing port activity, is the port area a shopping area or is it just a view of cruise passengers getting on and off the ship?

Are there any tours that you could recommend that would encompass a mini overall car or taxi tour of Saint John, I didn't want to spend too much time driving around, maybe take an early morning tour then have lunch and walk the downtown area in the afternoon.. ?? any suggestions for a Saint John once over??

We docked last year on the Jewel of the Seas on The Puglsey and we were on the right side of the ship if looking forward. I get confused what that side is called. As we were leaving, there was a bag piper that played for an hour to us as they finish loading the ship and prepared to leave. It was a beautiful day and was so nice seating on the balcony and listen to him. St. John is a nice town. And everyone is so friendly.

Archived