Yhony vs Major Tom for cave tubing?

daisy7889

So I have narrowed it down to these two. Has anyone done both and come out with a preference? What would you say is the difference between the two? Does Yhony take you for the lunch that you can get with Major Tom? I would appreciate any help. Thanks:)

While I haven't been on both, we just got back and we booked with Yhony. He was great as were his guides! We always felt safe and protected, especially compared to some of the other groups we saw going down the river. On the way back we stopped at the ATV site and they had snacks as well as tamales that you could purchase (they gave us bottled water).

The only way you're going to get lunch with Major Tom is if you aren't running late. We got back to the port area with just enough time to catch our tender. We were all famished!! (We did the combo. Zip line and cave tubing.)

Alot depends on which tour you are doing... also if guests all arrive to meet a tour operator at the same time from different ships can cause delays. This will dictate how closely you are cutting it to get back to the ship w/ or without lunch.

Delays getting back to the ship can happen with ANY TOUR OPERATOR based on the variables involved. Just make sure your tour operator will get you back to the ship if the delays are unavoidable and at THEIR COST ! I have used both tour operators... felt Major Tom was more professional and knoweldgeable with a distinct focus on safety more than the other.

We were cavetubing last week with Major Tom. We had a wonderful day cavetubing. The bus ride and the walk in the jungle were very interesting. The guides told us about the city and jungle. When we got to the river some went ziplining and we stayed at the river and swam and used the rope to jump into the river.

The cavetubing was fun and the water really wasn't cold.

While we were tubing cavetubing .com passed us up in the caves. So from what I saw that day, Major Tom's bus arrived earlier than .com's and when we were finished tubing .com had already left. We definately had more time there, after tubing some had the lunch and we just had some beer. We did stop at the grocery store for cashew wine and more beer.

I would definately go with him again and he is well aware of cruise critic so he really wants to do a good job because he knows people will post about their experience.

We were cavetubing last week with Major Tom. We had a wonderful day cavetubing. The bus ride and the walk in the jungle were very interesting. The guides told us about the city and jungle. When we got to the river some went ziplining and we stayed at the river and swam and used the rope to jump into the river.

The cavetubing was fun and the water really wasn't cold.

While we were tubing cavetubing .com passed us up in the caves. So from what I saw that day, Major Tom's bus arrived earlier than .com's and when we were finished tubing .com had already left. We definately had more time there, after tubing some had the lunch and we just had some beer. We did stop at the grocery store for cashew wine and more beer.

I would definately go with him again and he is well aware of cruise critic so he really wants to do a good job because he knows people will post about their experience.

I just wrote Tom an email asking him a few questions (we are going with him in 2 weeks!) and mentioned that I have heard lots of good things about him on Cruise Critic. Then...I came on here and read your post!

I'll be writing a review about our trip when we are back as I have gotten so much from others here....I would love to return the favour!:)

I'll be writing a review about our trip when we are back as I have gotten so much from others here....I would love to return the favour!:)

I look forward to your review.

Is the lunch is a sit down type restaurant. Would it be a problem if one of our kids didn't order, could we all still stay together? Wondering if there are other foods available too.

I went with Major Tom. They asked beforehand how many wanted lunch. When we were done, the lunch was ready, packed in a take-out type tray. There were a few extra if someone wanted one. There were some tables and chairs, but it was a very casual place, no menu that I saw, I think the only thing else you could buy was beer or pop.

We went tubing with Major Tom on 3/19. He was waiting in the port area when we got off the tenders. Most people paid for the lunch before we got on the bus. One of the guides, Mike, told us all about the city and country as we drove out to the caves.

We had some zipliners on the bus, so while they went and did that, we took our time at the start, swimming in the river and using a rope swing. I can't remember how long the walk up the trail was, maybe 30-40 minutes. There were a lot of people waiting at the entrance to what they call cave 4, so it took a while for everyone to get in the water.

Our guide was Minor Tom and he was excellent at moving us through the caves. He didn't talk very loud though, so I didn't hear much of what he said. It took about an hour to go through two long caves and get back to the start.

I think it was around 3:00 before we headed back on the bus. We stopped at the "restaurant" which had the lunches ready to go. We were tight for time, so we just ate them on the bus. They may have extras, but it's not guaranteed. It was very good.

They called to let the tender operation know when we would get back and even though we didn't get to the dock until around 4:15, it was no problem. All in all, very enjoyable.

Just got back from Yhony's tour. It was a great day. First stop was the ATV site which is close to cave tubing. The one's that wanted to ATV could. The rest of us sat and drank a beer. The next stop, cave tubing. We were in three groups and us older folks (40's) loved it. The teenagers would have liked a few more rapids. The river was low and we had to "extreme butts up" several times. The guides pulled us and kept us together. There were several other groups that were just floating all around all by themselves. I wouldn't have wanted to do that. We were running a little short on time--so our guides took us back by the ATV spot to grab a local lunch which was waiting for us when we got there. Great chicken, rice and peas, and cole slaw....all for 5.00. We made it back in plenty of time but really not any time to shop.

The boys really liked the ATV part. I really liked the Cave tubing. I can honestly say that the river and caves is one of the prettiest sites I have ever seen. Ranks up there with the Baths, and the beach between the Pitons in St. Lucia.

By the way the tour cost was 45.00 for Cave tubing only. 75.00 for ATV/Cave tubing combo. Lunch was 5.00. Beers were 3.00.

Yhony's bus was nice and big and air conditioned.

Archived