Anyone get cold food in Dining Room?

John&John

John, Perhaps you should have titled this thread "did anyone get hot food?"

We experienced pretty much the same as you.

Your takes are right-on.

Carnival employs stealth shills that will cruise the travel forums and gloss over problems CCL passengers may have experienced.

Their food is mostly pre-packaged-then frozen, hopefully warmed enough then served.

Nothing fresh-baked or creatively cooked.

Food is not a Carnival strong point.

Their kitchen staff is undermanned and running scared.

This is a cornball retort if ever I've read one.

Where in the world do some folks get their information anyway????

Stealth shills? Pre-packaged frozen food? No fresh baked goods?

Silly.

Often fresh squeezed orange juice is not served ice cold?

Fresh squeezed orange and other citrus juices are usually served at room temperature...rightly so. Drinking ice cold fresh squeezed juice affects your tastebuds and negates the taste of the product.

That's why it tastes so much better than the usual refrigerated or from-concentrate mixture.

Fresh squeezed orange and other citrus juices are usually served at room temperature...rightly so. Drinking ice cold fresh squeezed juice affects your tastebuds and negates the taste of the product.

That's why it tastes so much better than the usual refrigerated or from-concentrate mixture.

G'ma...you are so right. A European adventure could help some of these lovely cruisers!!;)

Never been served cold or lukewarm food...... I've heard others mention their entree is not hot enough....waiter simple removed it and brought another.

No big deal. It can happen anywhere' date=' any restaurant.[/quote']

This happens in any restaurant that serves massive amounts of food. It's happened to me twice lately here in LA at land based restaurants. I just politely ask for a new meal, and specifiy for them to; "Please don't just microwave it!" Most of the time it works!:D

If waiters stayed on top of it it would be served cold.. It spoils when left out too long!

The only gripe I have is the toast is never warm enough to melt butter in the dining room for breakfast, and I have never received hot french fries either. No, big deal. Just an observation.:rolleyes:

What I don't like is salad that is not cold. I never had to send cold entree back.

Off topic...I was getting ingrediants to make vicychoisse and in the produce aisle at the grocery store I said outloud "I need a leek." I quickly looked around to make sure no one heard me. If anyone had I would have been mistaken for a beet!

What I don't like is salad that is not cold. I never had to send cold entree back.

Off topic...I was getting ingrediants to make vicychoisse and in the produce aisle at the grocery store I said outloud "I need a leek." I quickly looked around to make sure no one heard me. If anyone had I would have been mistaken for a beet!

Could be worse...you might have said I took one :eek:

Archived