Strange Odor on Miracle... Can anyone confirm?

dgr231

Hi Everybody,

I am pretty new to this site and cruising in general. I just took my 2nd cruise on the Inspiration in December (my first was when I was 9 on the Ecstacy, so I don't remember it very well) and posted my first review a few weeks ago.

Anyways, enough about me, on to my question. I have read a few snipets on certain reviews that there is a strange/bad odor on the Miracle, deck 7. My girlfriend and I are booked on the Miracle on 09/21/2009 and are staying in cabin 7112. Can anyone confirm if this is true, whether it has been dealt with or not, or if it's all just speculation? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks All!

-D

Hi Everybody,

I am pretty new to this site and cruising in general. I just took my 2nd cruise on the Inspiration in December (my first was when I was 9 on the Ecstacy, so I don't remember it very well) and posted my first review a few weeks ago.

Anyways, enough about me, on to my question. I have read a few snipets on certain reviews that there is a strange/bad odor on the Miracle, deck 7. My girlfriend and I are booked on the Miracle on 09/21/2009 and are staying in cabin 7112. Can anyone confirm if this is true, whether it has been dealt with or not, or if it's all just speculation? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks All!

-D

We sailed the Miracle, room 7216, the week before she went into dry-dock. Once and awhile we could pick-up a very faint smell in our bathroom. Almost seemed like maybe the drain trap had lost it's water and it was letting a faint smell pass. Parents were in 7242 and kids were in 7214 and they never noticed anything in their rooms. Never smelled anything offensive at any other time or place. We sailed the Inspiration in 99 and while we enjoyed it IMHO you'll find the Miracle quite an upgrade. Go and enjoy!

There are occasional plumbing problems on ships. There are videos on You tube of teens [and others] that take a whole roll of TP hold it loosely with their fingers in the center and trail the end into the vacuum toilet. Another will hit the flush. The TP spins in a blur and the entire roll disappears down the drain.

And they do that with half a dozen rolls in a row.

In all our cruises, we've never had more than a little whiff. Knock wood.

Dan

I was on the Paradise a couple weekends ago, cabin U177. We had a horrible smell (sewage smell) for a little while late afternoon on the first day. I called the service desk and asked for someone to come down and take a look (smell). The smell was pretty bad, plus there were things to do so we left the room. Later in the evening we went back and it smelled fine. Seems like when we were moving the smell wasn't there. Not a huge deal, but even people walking by commented on the horrible smell...

:confused:

You smell this on all the boats... A lot of people going poo and using water and you have to hall it around...its all about cruising my friend....THINK ABOUT IT. Cruising is not a perfect endeavor...You can't plan your trip around what boat smells. One boat may smell one week and the other the next. Water, poo, waste water in the pipes...it all stinks

On our 1/24 sailing, there was a BIG problem with smell, mostly on deck 8. The rooms below the lido kitchens were getting wafts of garbage all week and from what I heard from our dinner mates, it was VERY bad. We heard people talking about it in the pools (how the ship was full, someone demanded to get moved and there was only one room left on the Riviera deck and they could be downgraded from a balcony on 8 to an interior on 1, they got flowers and like $200 OBC from Carnival).

But it was bad. Dinner mates told us it was the most rancid smell. We have a room on deck 8 in May and I'm hoping any issues will be resolved by then.

You smell this on all the boats... A lot of people going poo and using water and you have to hall it around...its all about cruising my friend....THINK ABOUT IT. Cruising is not a perfect endeavor...You can't plan your trip around what boat smells. One boat may smell one week and the other the next. Water, poo, waste water in the pipes...it all stinks

WOW. I am guessing you are replying to me since your post was the one right after mine.

As you could see in my post, I said it wasn't a huge deal. Yes, I realize all the things you said. Plus it really wasn't a huge deal. Oh, and the smell was not coming from my bathroom. And nope, wasn't going to try and plan around anything. :rolleyes:

Hi Everybody,

Thanks All!

-D

:)Hi dgr,check out the 9/21 roll call and join us.

We have a great group and Welcome Aboard.

:DTom

Archived