Reversible clothing

GiniB

I love reversible clothing and have collected several pieces (dresses, skirts, tops and pants) but thought that maybe some of you might know of some additional sources for this. They're great for cruises 'cause you get two outfits in the space of one.

Great idea, I would do it if I could find a reversible piece that I liked. Tell us where you found the best reversible pieces, please. Most of what I find are floral patterns and I'm not crazy for floral (fighting the matronly looks here, despite my age and weight). One gal in our group this past summer had a beautiful red Chinese print evening jacket, it reversed to a solid red. I saw the jacket at Nordstrom the next time I was shopping and was very tempted, but I was afraid we might show up with the same outfit on at events.

I think Travel Smith has some reversable pieces in solid colors, I've never bought from them as I always think they are a little too pricey. If anyone has ordered any of those, they can comment on the quality vs price on them. I did order a pair of pants from them once for my husband, but he didn't like them, so we sent them right back. As I recall, it was for a fit problem, not shabby quality.

CitiKnits has reversible skirts and tops. The tops you just switch from front to back - v-neck to jewel neck. The skirt I have is a botanical print of leaves and flowers in black, white and gray. It's very tonal and you can't really see too much of a pattern, at least to me. And it's nearly impossible to wrinkle these items - a definite plus!

This is the outfit I have # A06024

http://snipurl.com/axlw (the link is to QVC, I just made it smaller) :)

Well, I've purchased from Coldwater Creek (some absolutely gorgeous non-matronly skirts!), travelsmith (several pieces, one of which is a beautiful silk shift that is super-high quality and very worth the price), and one other company whose name escapes me where I bought a pair of reversible slacks (navy rv. to black silky palazzo type). I'll let you know if I remember the name. Still looking for others though.

Archived