NCL Jewel

avabrooke

We are scheduled on the Jewel on April 3rd. I am new to this board so I hope these questions haven't been asked before. We have an oceanview cabin, I wish I would have gotten the balcony. There will be 3 of us in the cabin. Is the 3rd a drop down bed over the regular bed? Also, my daughter will be across the hall in an inside cabin. There will be 4 of them. Are the 2 other beds drop down beds also? There will be a 3 year old in that cabin and we are worried about the height.

Also, is there a laundry room? Are there any kind of specials during the week for sending out the laundry? It is a 9 day cruise with 3 children.

Thank you in advance.:)

It was announced that the self-service laundry rooms were being shut-down Fleetwide last month. There will be at least one (possibly two) "laundry specials" - all you can stuff into a bag for $xx (unsure of the amount but another cc'er will know). The laundry comes back neatly folded, ironed, etc and especially with 3 children on a 9 day cruise it may come in handy!

Enjoy your cruise and please come back and write a review!

Usually the cabins I have Two beds that can be pushed together and then beds above that come down and at night the room attendant will put a ladder for whoever is sleeping up top to climb down.

They have a Laundry Bag special for $25 for whatever you can fit in the bag....it's a reasonable sized bag.

Once I upload my pictures I will post the link for you to see them.

Both the oceanview and the inside room with have one pullman bed (drop down from the side wall). The inside room for its fourth bed will have a trundle bed (it slides out from underneath one of the lower beds.

The inside will be somewhat tight when the beds are made up (during the day the slide the trundle bed back under one of the other beds). We called it wall to wall beds - but worked for us.

Laundry rooms are all gone as of last October. We were very sad to see this gone. I have heard that they do a laundry specialy where you fill a bag with what you can fit and they wash it, dry and fold it for something around $25.00. I have a feeling the bags are really not huge but still hold a good bit.

When I posted a thread about four of us in an inside cabin, someone else posted this photo so I could see how to make the beds work MUCH better than having wall-to-wall beds. It's way better. These are great pictures. We will be using this room set-up when we go.

http://community.webshots.com/album/558597829kgXIWy

Thanks so much for the pictures that really helps me a lot. I just hope nobody has to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I will tell my daughter not to have anything to drink before she goes to sleep.

I'm going on this same cruise in a little over a week. We were booked in a Cat CC OV. I called my TA today to see how much to upgrade to a balcony and was told $60, which I jumped on. As your cruise gets closer, you should keep checking. You might get a nice surprise.

I am also disappointed with the loss of the laundry rooms. It would have been so nice to do a couple loads mid-week.

We are scheduled on the Jewel on April 3rd. I am new to this board so I hope these questions haven't been asked before. We have an oceanview cabin, I wish I would have gotten the balcony. There will be 3 of us in the cabin. Is the 3rd a drop down bed over the regular bed? Also, my daughter will be across the hall in an inside cabin. There will be 4 of them. Are the 2 other beds drop down beds also? There will be a 3 year old in that cabin and we are worried about the height.

Also, is there a laundry room? Are there any kind of specials during the week for sending out the laundry? It is a 9 day cruise with 3 children.

Thank you in advance.:)

Welcome to cruise critic. I'm on the same cruise...come on over and join the roll call thread and get to know the rest the other cruise critic members on the same cruise, heres the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=698059&page=51

Call and ask. If it's too much to upgrade, wait a week and call again. Keep trying until right before your cruise. What could it hurt? I first called my TA around a week ago and was told it would be an additional $420 for us to upgrade. A balcony wasn't important enough to me to spend that much more. I thought I'd ask again today and look how much lower it was. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? Good luck.

Archived