Embarking with a grandchild

DWPC

We're cruising with our daughter, her husband and their three kids. They have a balcony cabin, we're inside. Their 9 year-old is booked in our cabin. They can check-in via the concierge lounge, but we'll have to get in line with the rest of the mob. Since our grandson is booked in our cabin, he'll have to check-in with us. Will we need anything beyond his birth certificate? Can we go through in the lounge with our daughter and embark as a group?

We're cruising with our daughter, her husband and their three kids. They have a balcony cabin, we're inside. Their 9 year-old is booked in our cabin. They can check-in via the concierge lounge, but we'll have to get in line with the rest of the mob. Since our grandson is booked in our cabin, he'll have to check-in with us. Will we need anything beyond his birth certificate? Can we go through in the lounge with our daughter and embark as a group?

Actually, he will check in with his parents. They will link him when they do online check in. There is a place to say you are traveling with minors in a different reservation. You put in the res # and last name, and check the box by the name. It is kind of tedious to do, but easy if you follow the directions. The child will end up on the parents setsail pass. I just finished doing this for my 3/20 cruise. My kids are in a room with their Grandparents.

I guess I'm wondering why you all can't check-in together? We are platinum (one away from diamond), and travel with people that are Diamond, as well as gold, and we just all check-in together. I know that you wrote because they have a balcony, they can check in at a different place, but they don't have to. Why not make it all simpler, and check-in together? You all will still get on the ship rather quickly (at least that has been my experience).

We've done this before, but it was by 'accident'. As long as the parents are booked for sailiing, you'll have no problems. Keep in mind, this is what the RCI employee told us. If the BOTH of us (parents) were not booked, they would NOT have let our son board.

FYI, the check in isn't through the concierge lounge (that's on the ship itself). It's just a separate line for platinum and above. They should allow all of you to check in together via the priority line, since the parents have to vouch for the 9 year old that is in your cabin.

He's not booked on his his parents reservation at all. He's no. 3 in our cabin.

My kids are on the reservation with their grandparents. Not with us. When doing online check in, the parents need to click that they are traveling with minor children ON A DIFFERENT RESERVATION. It prompts them for the res# and last name. When you enter it, the names in the other reservation come up. You pick the name of the child and then you electronically sign for them. Then you link so that their charges go with the parents account. They will be on the setsail pass that the parents check in with, and the grandparents pass will only have their names on it. Trust me, I just had to do it. My kids will be checking in with me.

Archived