Eli's Tour or Nelson's Dockyard

jctf

This is our first time in Antigua.

Eli's tour sounds great. But I also don't want to miss Nelson's dockyard and English Bay. So we are a bit torn about our choice here.

Are there any tours that combine Nelson's dockyard with something like Eli's tour? Or is the dockyard something that is going to take up a good part of the day?

This is our first time in Antigua.

Eli's tour sounds great. But I also don't want to miss Nelson's dockyard and English Bay. So we are a bit torn about our choice here.

Are there any tours that combine Nelson's dockyard with something like Eli's tour? Or is the dockyard something that is going to take up a good part of the day?

I'd recommend any of Eli's tours over Nelson's Dockyard. We've been there on a land tour and saw all of it in an hour.

If you really want to see Nelson's Dockyard, Eli's Xtreme circumnav tour goes there. You sail though the dockyard and see the boats and get some history as well as the stops at Stingray City, Green Island, Pillars of Hercules for snorkeling, and the beach stop. Go to http://www.adventureantigua.com and check out the Extreme Tour.

Ernie

I'm actually having the same dilemma because Eli's Xtreme circumnav tour isn't available while I'm there! Only the Eco Tour is but it doesn't go to Nelson's Dockyard or Stingray city. It still sounds interesting though--any suggestions?

We are back from our trip.

Ended up doing the trip to Nelson's dockyard. I thought it was well worthwhile as we enjoyed the whole historical part of things and there were lots of neat things to see. Probably takes about an hour if you take your time.

On the way there, we also asked the driver to stop at Falmouth Harbour to have a look at the boats. If you are into sailing/boating at all, this is definetely worth the stop. Not sure if we just lucked out, but there are some amazing yachts there. We wondered around the docks for around 20 minutes. The security guard may ask you some questions on the way in, but we just told them we were visiting and asked if we could have a look around and they did not object.

On the way back to the boat, they dropped us off at Darkwood beach for a couple of hours and then came back for us. It was OK, but nothing great. There are probably better beaches around.

Archived