Ship excursion or private taxi/Any reviews on the ship's tour "Saint John Highlights"

Any reviews of the ship's excursion for Saint John Saint John Highlights on the Carnival Triumph? What does the tour actually include and what sights do you actually get to see, is the ship's excursion worth the money or would a private tour or taxi in Saint John be a better deal? Any unusual or usual experiences with the ship's tour.. On carnival's website, i didn't see where it stated how long the Saint John Highlights

tour actually is, does anyone know..

Any reviews of the ship's excursion for Saint John Saint John Highlights on the Carnival Triumph? What does the tour actually include and what sights do you actually get to see, is the ship's excursion worth the money or would a private tour or taxi in Saint John be a better deal? Any unusual or usual experiences with the ship's tour.. On carnival's website, i didn't see where it stated how long the Saint John Highlights

tour actually is, does anyone know..

The local transit authority has 2 hour bus tours of the city stopping at all the places you would want to stop - it is a bargain compared to Carnival excursions at only $17 CDN ($13 USD) and can be picked up across the street from AVIS car rental near Loyalist Plaza. It leaves at 9:45 and 12:45.

I will be in Saint John on June 22nd. There will be another cruise ship in port that same day. What are the chances the transit tour will be too full? We would go for the morning tour and get picked up at Reversing Falls--the first pick up point. Do they run more buses depending on the number of ships in port? There are 13 in our group but I am not sure who wants to do it yet besides my immediate family of 5.

We had originally wanted to walk the caves at St . Martin, but the tides will be too high I think.

I will be in Saint John on June 22nd. There will be another cruise ship in port that same day. What are the chances the transit tour will be too full? We would go for the morning tour and get picked up at Reversing Falls--the first pick up point. Do they run more buses depending on the number of ships in port? There are 13 in our group but I am not sure who wants to do it yet besides my immediate family of 5.

We had originally wanted to walk the caves at St . Martin, but the tides will be too high I think.

I never see the busses "full" - I think you would especially be OK if you are at the first pick up spot.

Acey

Do I have to pre-book the transit tour. I would love to reserve it so that I don't have to keep my fingsers crossed and hope to get on the bus. That tour sounds like exactly what I want. A short tour with plenty of time to walk the downtown area and maybe do lunch. Would you happen to know what stops it makes? I searched on the web for it but couldn't find anything. How many stops does it do? What points of interest will it drive by or stop at? How would I reserve 2 seats? so far that tour is at the top of my list.

Acey

Do I have to pre-book the transit tour. I would love to reserve it so that I don't have to keep my fingsers crossed and hope to get on the bus. That tour sounds like exactly what I want. A short tour with plenty of time to walk the downtown area and maybe do lunch. Would you happen to know what stops it makes? I searched on the web for it but couldn't find anything. How many stops does it do? What points of interest will it drive by or stop at? How would I reserve 2 seats? so far that tour is at the top of my list.

According to their website (www.thinktransit.com) the tickets are available on a first come first serve basis. It wouldn't hurt to call them to find out if they do reserve though as the website is not always current. Their number is (506) 658-4700. The tour goes to Reversing Falls, Rockwood Park, historic residential neighborhoods, Fort Howe, port sites, Imperial theatre and the City Market. There are other places too but I took it when I was a teenager and can't remember now.

I do think this tour is a good, rather unknown option. I hear really positive feedback about the friendly drivers plus the price is just right too.

I just found this blurb on it on the web:

Two-hour citywide bus tours with commentary depart twice daily (June-October), with various pickup times and locations available. A word to the wise: On days when cruise ships are in port, the bus tours fill up fast. We recommend taking a morning tour on those days. Reservations are not available, and the driver can only take cash. Can$17 adults, Can$5 children younger than 5. Phone 506-658-4700.

Another web site for the bus tour -

http://www.saintjohntransit.com/index.php?id=15

We found this tour by accident the last time we were in Saint John and it was great.

Be at the meeting location to get in line around 1/2 hr. before starting time. That's what we were told to do and we got on with no problem. Of course, as the word gets out, it could get busier. Have fun.

Hi Travelbig,

Can you recall some of the points of interest and approximately how long the transit tour was? Did you get a pretty good tour or should I say a pretty good overall view of Saint John? We're hoping that the transit tour will give us an idea of what's where in town and as it relates to the ship's location. After the tour we're thinking about just walking around downtown and maybe taking in lunch and maybe a museum and might try to find a charm for someone who received a charm bracelet as a gift.

Hey guys, any ideas on charms that will signify Saint John NB??

Hi Travelbig,

Can you recall some of the points of interest and approximately how long the transit tour was? Did you get a pretty good tour or should I say a pretty good overall view of Saint John? We're hoping that the transit tour will give us an idea of what's where in town and as it relates to the ship's location. After the tour we're thinking about just walking around downtown and maybe taking in lunch and maybe a museum and might try to find a charm for someone who received a charm bracelet as a gift.

Hey guys, any ideas on charms that will signify Saint John NB??

From what I remember the bus goes to Reversing Falls, Rockwood Park, Fort Howe lookout, Imperial Theatre, City Market, Martello Tower, historic neighborhoods like Mt. Pleasant and Douglas Ave. and in to the west side port property to look at port activity. The tour is 2 hours. I think it gives a great overall view of the city. The NB Museum is right by ship at market Square along with some great restaurants. I'm sure you'll find some charms at the artisan fair at Loyalist Plaza and in the City Market.

Can you go on or off the bus at any of the stops? We're booked for the Reversing Falls thrilling boat ride in the morning, and are thinking this would be something fun to do afterwards if we could get on at Reversing Falls.

One of the pickup points is Reversing Falls so you can pick it up there. The jet boat ride however leaves from Fallsview Park across the river. You'll have to walk across the Reversing Falls bridge to get to Reversing Falls - probably 10 to 15 minute walk.

Archived