Stroller questions???

mdcruzer

My family, including 2 DD's (5 & 3) will be sailing on AOS in April 2009 (Aruba route).

Would like to take our tandem stroller for walks through the city at each port.

This would help keep both from tiring out and becoming grumpy.

Would like to know:

Has anyone carried this type of stroller on a plane? Is it allowed or dold it have to be checked? I know most people carry umbrella strollers because they are much smaller.

Also, is there room for the stroller in an O/V?

Stroller is not side-by-side tandem.

Appreciate any help...

Hi there, not sure where you are travelling from, we are from the uk and we have never had a problem with our larger pram when travelling, we have always been able to keep til boarding then it goes into the hold, however I would double check with your airline first just to make sure they dont charge you.

As for your cabin! they are pretty small generally especially with 4 of you already in there. What ship are you going on? some cabins on ships tend to be better, our last was on Explorer of the seas and some friends of ours managed with 4 and a huge pram. You could always ask your steward if there is some where to store it, and we sometimes folded ours and put it in the corrider while we were getting ready to give us a little more space.

Enjoy,

we flew with our duoglider without a problem on our first trip. but for our cruise we opted for umbrella strollers. I found this to be both good and bad. they were lighter and took up less room. but it then did take both of us to push strollers

Hi there, not sure where you are travelling from, we are from the uk and we have never had a problem with our larger pram when travelling, we have always been able to keep til boarding then it goes into the hold, however I would double check with your airline first just to make sure they dont charge you.

As for your cabin! they are pretty small generally especially with 4 of you already in there. What ship are you going on? some cabins on ships tend to be better, our last was on Explorer of the seas and some friends of ours managed with 4 and a huge pram. You could always ask your steward if there is some where to store it, and we sometimes folded ours and put it in the corrider while we were getting ready to give us a little more space.

Enjoy,

Actually, grandma is also going with us for a total of 5. We have booked two connecting O/V's. The girls will stay with grandma most nights. So space should not be a problem.

My huge tandem DuoGlider has been on 6 cruises - all regular ocean view cabins. It also has been on a dozen flights with no problem (we wheel it up to the gate, they put a tag on it and put it in baggage compartment when we board, then they bring it back to the gate when we land. The only time this didn't happen was in London - we took it to the gate, but then couldn't collect it again until we got to baggage claim.

I do always try to get cabins near the elevators just to avoid the hassle of swerving around room steward carts, etc., but other than that, it's no problem. I fold it and put it against a wall when we're not using it - or push it to the far side of the bed.

One thing that worked for me was to also bring one small umbrella stroller for use around the ship for my littler child who won't walk as much as her sister. It was nice to have with us around the ship when she didn't want to walk anymore so I wouldn't have to carry her. We also kept water bottle, crayons, etc. in the basket to have with us wherever we went on board.

Best,

Mia

Archived