Scuba/Snorkel in Aruba

rjinkins

We sailed into Aruba on our 10/25/04 Galaxy Cruise. I had trouble finding a dive shop that wasn't locked up by the cruise lines. Most of the shops will not book cruise passengers unless they go through the ship. I finally found a divemaster who would take us. His name is Raoul de Puy. He teaches elementary school in the mornings and picked us up at the pier at 1:30. My wife and I travel with another couple. The guys like to scuba and the girls like to snorkel. Its hard to find a ship excursion that allows us to do both at the same place. Raoul came through for us. We drove to his shop and he outfitted us with the equipment that we didn't bring. We then drove to the dive site. Aruba must be the brain coral captiol of the world. I have never seen so much in one place. The fish life was abundant but small. Visibility was 80-100 feet and the water was warm. The girls followed us on the surface. We finished our dive and Raoul drove us back to the pier. I give Raoul top marks. We were the only ones in our group and his service was top notch. I found his name on the net, but I have his email somewhere, if anyone would like it.

• 1 year later...
We sailed into Aruba on our 10/25/04 Galaxy Cruise. I had trouble finding a dive shop that wasn't locked up by the cruise lines. Most of the shops will not book cruise passengers unless they go through the ship. I finally found a divemaster who would take us. His name is Raoul de Puy. He teaches elementary school in the mornings and picked us up at the pier at 1:30. My wife and I travel with another couple. The guys like to scuba and the girls like to snorkel. Its hard to find a ship excursion that allows us to do both at the same place. Raoul came through for us. We drove to his shop and he outfitted us with the equipment that we didn't bring. We then drove to the dive site. Aruba must be the brain coral captiol of the world. I have never seen so much in one place. The fish life was abundant but small. Visibility was 80-100 feet and the water was warm. The girls followed us on the surface. We finished our dive and Raoul drove us back to the pier. I give Raoul top marks. We were the only ones in our group and his service was top notch. I found his name on the net, but I have his email somewhere, if anyone would like it.

Anyone know Raoul's email address or his website? Would be interested in finding someone to do both Scuba Diving and Snorkeling on one boat.

Or does anyone know of another company that would have diving and snorkeling?

Thanks!

Anyone know Raoul's email address or his website? Would be interested in finding someone to do both Scuba Diving and Snorkeling on one boat.

Or does anyone know of another company that would have diving and snorkeling?

Thanks!

I found this on a search of Raoul's name and Aruba. We are going in Nov and this sounds good http://www.visitaruba.com/diversrequest/

It's interesting that you could not find a dive company. I am interested in diving while on a Princess cruise in Aruba. Last time, I booked outside of Princess excursions in St Thomas and I saved about 30 percent for a dive, and even got an hour of free snokel equipment along with my dive (I had to wait a while). I was wondering who works with Princess to see if I could work with them outside the usual excursion process. Does anyone know who Princess workswith for certified SCUBA dives?

Archived