suitcases

carmal

Since we don't fly in I only use the zip ties to lock it.

Even when flying, zip ties are the way to go. Remember, if somebody *really* wants in to your luggage, no lock on the planet will stop them.

We do not lock our luggage. But we do not keep anything of real value in our checked luggage. We just pack them in our carry ons.

If you are flying remember that TSA has the right to physically inspect any luggage. They will cut your lock off. You can also buy a TSA approved lock and they have master keys to open these locks. At least that keeps everyone else out of your luggage but not them.

I bought the TSA locks from the dept store for the flight to the port. That way your luggage is locked but the airport can still open your luggage to inspect it which they will do if they want. Greg

I always lock my luggage. Carnival at one time (maybe still do) suggested that passengers lock their checked luggage. The porters at the pier are not Carnival employees, but are hired by the port authority of that city.

I'd rather lock it than have anything go missing.;)

Been all around the world by, air, sea, and land. Only lock suitcases by land. Never have had anything taken out of a suitcase. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've been traveling around for over 50 years!:eek: I also never put anything valuable or necessary (meds, etc.) in checked luggage. I used to put all my toletries and cosmetics in my carryon until the new security rules, now I do pack those. :D

Archived